Used 2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

May be dangerous
By nomorefords43

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, I am not happy with my purchase. I bought my 2007 Lariat new in 2007. My CDs all got stuck in the 6 Cd changer and had to replace the stereo and then it did it shortly after. I use my Ipod and dont use the CD at all. Then the accelerater got stuck and lucky i was just taking off, i breaked and it RPMs reved up that i turned it off. Started and it was fine. When i took it in they said maybe i was accelerating at the same time i breaked. So i let it go but it happened again and now i am scared that it will happen when im at a speed of 100km. Replace breakpads twice, rotars, fuel pump, and now it is losing power, cuts out and shakes so taking it in again. All of this under 120,000km.

Favorite Features

My favorite features is that it looks relly good, it is beautiful inside and out. The leather seats are very comfortable and very spacious iinterior. Speakers sound good.

Suggested Improvements

Fix accelerator sticking problems, better brakes.

Problems
By 2007ford

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck 4 years ago and I had only one problem and the dealership doesn't hear it. When I start from a cold start not everytime but most of the time the truck hesitates, makes a clicking noise and then a loud pop. After that it takes off and won't do it again the rest of the day. The popping sounds like it is coming from the hubs but with the hesitaten I wonder if it is the motor or transmission but they can't get it to do it so they won't break nothing down to check it any suggestions.

4x4 Issue
By gadgetone

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new.Have only had 2 issues.Brakes needed replaced at only 28,000 miles.Big issue is a loud noise from front left tire that sounds like metal pieces bouncing around a metal drum.Only did it twice.By the time i stop it goes away.Checking into it online i find alot of people with same problem.Mine is getting fixed as i write this.Its the 4x4 system, the vacume line blows and the gears partially connect but it does not happen constantly.Most people think its the brakes.I am totally happy with my truck but am surprised theres so many people out there with this problem.I am at 30,000 miles now.

Favorite Features

What i like most is the supercab.As far as putting people in, its like a car.Can seat five people comfortably.Six is a bit of a squeeze but still not bad.Having the option of hauling anything with the pickup or hauling people makes it a nice duel purpose vehicle.

Four Years and all is Well!
By alby144

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have close to 45,000 miles now and still love this truck! I have had one warranty repair, to replace a window switch but other than that no problems. It is without a doubt the nicest truck that I have ever owned. I know somebody with an Escalade; my truck's interior is nicer in fit & finish, they are equipped nearly the same and my truck cost $40,000 less! On top of that they had about 15 items to repair at their last service! I've read about sluggish performance from the F-150, but have not found this to be so. Nor have I had issues with my brakes; at 45,000 miles I've got about 50% of my brake life left and 25% of my tread life left on my tires.

Favorite Features

The heated leather seats! I love them in the Winter. The auto dimming morrors are nice as well. The interior of my truck is very well constructed. It is a very quiet, smooth ride. I also enjoy the stereo with the CD changer and Sirius radio. I'm a music freak and this stereo has decent sound quality; I like the fact that it, automatically turns the volume up as you accelerate. This adds to the quietness of the ride by blocking out road noise. The exterior finish has proven to be very durable. After some of my four-wheel outings, the brush scratches polish right out. In four wheel drive the F-150 is a go anywhere machine and you're going in high style!

Suggested Improvements

The back seat storage is lacking in some respects, as the seat bottoms only fold up. It would be nice if the seat backs folded down as well. Eventually I will buy the kit to contain what ever I store under the seat. The glove box is nearly useless for storing much more than your manual and a pair of gloves, or a couple of cell phone chargers. I would advise getting the overhead storage compartment. My truck is equipped with a small one which I keep my reading glasses in. An over-drive indicator on the shifter would be nice as well as heavy duty carpetted floor mats; the stock mats are about as wimpy as they get!

Never Again
By sorryiboughtit

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Maybe there are others out there who have had similar problems and you can get back to me? Class action lawsuit?? Ford has continued to refuse to repair my 2007 f-150. The engine makes a raucous clicking noise that the service department from 2 different dealers and a ford "engineer" have not or will not identify. Ford has told me that this is as good as it gets. With the noise my truck makes I will never be able to sell it, even when I get the equity down to where it makes sense to sell it. My engine is a 5.4 liter 3 valve V-8. Don't but one of these trucks, you will be sorry and you will get in your truck every time you turn it on and say, "I hate this truck. We will never buy another ford

Favorite Features

If it weren't for the fact that my engine sounds so bad that it takes all the pleasure out of driving it, I might still love this truck. Ever since my truck started making loud clicking noises,(2 Years after I bought it.), all I can think of when I drive this truck is how much I hate the noise.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the problem with the 3 valve 5.4 V-8. The service department where I take my truck has told me that there have been many problems with these trucks and ford will not address these issues. As far as I know now though ford doesn't use the 3 valve engines anymore. It doesn't help me with mine.