Used 2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Ford F150 2007 110,000 mile owner
By mnfordf150

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Overall the truck has been a good buy. I have the SXT model and the power is sufficent for pulling trailers of wood or boats, etc. I have the rubber floor and the roll down windows with a cloth interior. Only extras are the AC and the cruise control.

Nice simple interior. Its a truck and it gets dirty so it needs to be easy to clean. It doesn't have a ton of nooks and crannies that need to be cleaned with a brush or anything. Entire interior surface is pretty flat and cleans up well with the exception of the arm rest, see suggested improvements for more on that. Doors open and close nice, 4 wheel drive allows you to go anywhere with the truck. have driven it to Colorado from MN and back and it was pretty comfy considering the length of the drive.

Improvements that must be made for me to buy another FORD: The ford emblem on the grill looks like it has been through 2 world wars and it is only 6 years old. Door arm rests are of a material that allows dirt into the pores of the rubber but can not be extracted. Front bumper very rusty from bugs and rocks hitting it, better paint or coating or bumper cover? Ridiculous amount of repairs, $2000 in engine work for a new intake manifold because the plastic one warped, coil packs all went out, upper control arms shot after 90,000 miles. Ford tough? Quality is job one? Not for my truck

May be dangerous
By nomorefords43

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, I am not happy with my purchase. I bought my 2007 Lariat new in 2007. My CDs all got stuck in the 6 Cd changer and had to replace the stereo and then it did it shortly after. I use my Ipod and dont use the CD at all. Then the accelerater got stuck and lucky i was just taking off, i breaked and it RPMs reved up that i turned it off. Started and it was fine. When i took it in they said maybe i was accelerating at the same time i breaked. So i let it go but it happened again and now i am scared that it will happen when im at a speed of 100km. Replace breakpads twice, rotars, fuel pump, and now it is losing power, cuts out and shakes so taking it in again. All of this under 120,000km.

My favorite features is that it looks relly good, it is beautiful inside and out. The leather seats are very comfortable and very spacious iinterior. Speakers sound good.

Fix accelerator sticking problems, better brakes.

Problems
By 2007ford

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck 4 years ago and I had only one problem and the dealership doesn't hear it. When I start from a cold start not everytime but most of the time the truck hesitates, makes a clicking noise and then a loud pop. After that it takes off and won't do it again the rest of the day. The popping sounds like it is coming from the hubs but with the hesitaten I wonder if it is the motor or transmission but they can't get it to do it so they won't break nothing down to check it any suggestions.

4x4 Issue
By gadgetone

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new.Have only had 2 issues.Brakes needed replaced at only 28,000 miles.Big issue is a loud noise from front left tire that sounds like metal pieces bouncing around a metal drum.Only did it twice.By the time i stop it goes away.Checking into it online i find alot of people with same problem.Mine is getting fixed as i write this.Its the 4x4 system, the vacume line blows and the gears partially connect but it does not happen constantly.Most people think its the brakes.I am totally happy with my truck but am surprised theres so many people out there with this problem.I am at 30,000 miles now.

What i like most is the supercab.As far as putting people in, its like a car.Can seat five people comfortably.Six is a bit of a squeeze but still not bad.Having the option of hauling anything with the pickup or hauling people makes it a nice duel purpose vehicle.

Four Years and all is Well!
By alby144

2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have close to 45,000 miles now and still love this truck! I have had one warranty repair, to replace a window switch but other than that no problems. It is without a doubt the nicest truck that I have ever owned. I know somebody with an Escalade; my truck's interior is nicer in fit & finish, they are equipped nearly the same and my truck cost $40,000 less! On top of that they had about 15 items to repair at their last service! I've read about sluggish performance from the F-150, but have not found this to be so. Nor have I had issues with my brakes; at 45,000 miles I've got about 50% of my brake life left and 25% of my tread life left on my tires.

The heated leather seats! I love them in the Winter. The auto dimming morrors are nice as well. The interior of my truck is very well constructed. It is a very quiet, smooth ride. I also enjoy the stereo with the CD changer and Sirius radio. I'm a music freak and this stereo has decent sound quality; I like the fact that it, automatically turns the volume up as you accelerate. This adds to the quietness of the ride by blocking out road noise. The exterior finish has proven to be very durable. After some of my four-wheel outings, the brush scratches polish right out. In four wheel drive the F-150 is a go anywhere machine and you're going in high style!

The back seat storage is lacking in some respects, as the seat bottoms only fold up. It would be nice if the seat backs folded down as well. Eventually I will buy the kit to contain what ever I store under the seat. The glove box is nearly useless for storing much more than your manual and a pair of gloves, or a couple of cell phone chargers. I would advise getting the overhead storage compartment. My truck is equipped with a small one which I keep my reading glasses in. An over-drive indicator on the shifter would be nice as well as heavy duty carpetted floor mats; the stock mats are about as wimpy as they get!

• SUV