Big Safe Luxurious and Thirsty
By thirstyButSafe on
2002 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This vehicle was in my family since new; bought two new ones to get fleet discount. Wife and I just bought one of them from family. We were looking at BMW 5 series for safety and sportiness and at other sports sedans. We tried this out and were sold immediately. Entertainment package keeps kids happy and quiet. It is like a moving living room, comfy and safe. Steel girders in doors for side impact. "Handsome" styling. We said we would never buy one but once we drove it we loved it. Very easy for my petite wife to drive, drives like much smaller vehicle. Very luxurious inside and a lot of room. We are on CA freeways and I never worry about my wife and kids being safe in this thing. It is a luxury liner
Favorite Features
Entertainment package, comfortable leather seats, nice stereo, safety and car-like ride for a land yacht. When your kids are in this car you feel like you are in a living room; road trips fun. Safe big and friendly. Family owned from new -- 104k plus miles, no problems until bad mechanic knocked a hose off.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage (in fantasyland big engine gets 30 mpg). Get over it, you can buy big and feel safe, or small and get squashed like a bug. I will gladly pay more in gas and have my family survive an accident. Parking is hard in urban areas with compact spaces (San Jose, SF, NYC); its a suburb SUV.