Used 2001 Ford Expedition XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

best suv ever
By ashton3002

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i have owned this awesome SUV since 2001 i bought it with 20,000 miles on it..i have had it since July of 01 and i absouloutley love it..i use about 1/8 of a tank everyday that's why i don't drive it all the time this is the most reliable and safest SUV on the road..i hit a deer 5 months after i bought it it barley even dented the car.. the only thing i have ever replaced besides regular things are ball joints and tie rods and the battery like 3 or 4 times but i know the reason that is..i have amps and tv's and all that good stuff and that's what was messing with my battery..other than that its been super reliable and its super comfortable!!! its a 5.4L v8 XLT

i enjoy all of them

folding mirrors,power liftgate,power running boards,and everything else is perfect

Best SUV I`ve ever owned!
By BEST SUV EVER OWNED!

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new with 15 miles on it.Ever since I bought this car I have loved it! Its very roomy and comfortable. My family and I are always taking trips from Arizona to California and not once it has broken down. There have been no major mechanical issues. Today I have 210K miles on it and still runs great! I recommended this car to everyone!

Nice Cold Air Conditioning, 3rd row seat, leather interior and reliability.

Gas Mileage!

Nice
By Stephanie

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It's very nice inside and out. I've had more than 1 Toyota and the last one i had was a 4x4 4-Runner. This expedition drives smoother than that. I was skeptical about getting another vehicle other than a Toyota but once I drove this i was happy.

The color and paint job, the leather interior (except when you first get in and it's hot), the way it drives, they keyless entry, anti-theft, 6 disc cd changer and it tells the temperature of outside and what direction you're going. Spacious and decent sound system.

Mileage

Ford Expedition
By Carla

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love everything about this truck except the gas mileage. It is a good family vehicle took 2 adults and 4 kids on a 600 mile trip with pleanty of room. Very reliable, can't complain about the way it handles on the hwy. I really enjoy driving this vehicle. It had 50,000 miles on it when I bought it 1 1/2 years ago now has 89,000 have had very little maint. had to replace 2 spark plugs and 2 coils and the brake pads. Too bad it doesn't do a little better on gas mileage.

Lether seats, sy clean up with kids. 6 disk cd changer. Ability to seat 8

Only one--better gas mileage!

Comfort, Power and Style
By navyman

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Ford. I think Ford has a very good quality product. This is a new milestone for me, my first automatic tranny Ford. I bought this truck used in Jan '04 for my wife to drive and it had only 15K miles on it and it was still under factory warranty. Currently: 43K miles. We have driven it on long trips (12 hours+) about 8 times and it makes the trip go so smoothly. The ride is very comfortable and is a real pleasure to drive. I have never had this vehicle leave my wife or me stranded. I LOVE the power and low end torque. I am very pleased with this vehicle. Maintenance: transmission flush $187; oil $360. Repairs: power mirror switch and bubbling paint on hood (warranty)

For a large SUV, with the 5.4 V-8, the gas mileage is about what I expected (about 16C/18H). The power seats make it an ease to drive for my 5'3" wife. Lots of interior space. Nice factory radio. Unlocking the door, without having to call someone, by using the keypad on the driver's door.

The dash pieces do not seem to fit together right (non-tight fit). The 3rd seat will fit 3 people, but I think there is not enough leg/foot room for 3 adults to sit back there and remain friends (slightly fixed in new design).