2001 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
best suv ever
By ashton3002 on 09/29/12 13:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i have owned this awesome SUV since 2001 i bought it with 20,000 miles on it..i have had it since July of 01 and i absouloutley love it..i use about 1/8 of a tank everyday that's why i don't drive it all the time this is the most reliable and safest SUV on the road..i hit a deer 5 months after i bought it it barley even dented the car.. the only thing i have ever replaced besides regular things are ball joints and tie rods and the battery like 3 or 4 times but i know the reason that is..i have amps and tv's and all that good stuff and that's what was messing with my battery..other than that its been super reliable and its super comfortable!!! its a 5.4L v8 XLT

Best SUV I`ve ever owned!
By BEST SUV EVER OWNED! on 08/05/10 08:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new with 15 miles on it.Ever since I bought this car I have loved it! Its very roomy and comfortable. My family and I are always taking trips from Arizona to California and not once it has broken down. There have been no major mechanical issues. Today I have 210K miles on it and still runs great! I recommended this car to everyone!

Nice
By Stephanie on 08/05/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It's very nice inside and out. I've had more than 1 Toyota and the last one i had was a 4x4 4-Runner. This expedition drives smoother than that. I was skeptical about getting another vehicle other than a Toyota but once I drove this i was happy.

Ford Expedition
By Carla on 06/09/07 23:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love everything about this truck except the gas mileage. It is a good family vehicle took 2 adults and 4 kids on a 600 mile trip with pleanty of room. Very reliable, can't complain about the way it handles on the hwy. I really enjoy driving this vehicle. It had 50,000 miles on it when I bought it 1 1/2 years ago now has 89,000 have had very little maint. had to replace 2 spark plugs and 2 coils and the brake pads. Too bad it doesn't do a little better on gas mileage.

Comfort, Power and Style
By navyman on 07/23/05 23:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Ford. I think Ford has a very good quality product. This is a new milestone for me, my first automatic tranny Ford. I bought this truck used in Jan '04 for my wife to drive and it had only 15K miles on it and it was still under factory warranty. Currently: 43K miles. We have driven it on long trips (12 hours+) about 8 times and it makes the trip go so smoothly. The ride is very comfortable and is a real pleasure to drive. I have never had this vehicle leave my wife or me stranded. I LOVE the power and low end torque. I am very pleased with this vehicle. Maintenance: transmission flush $187; oil $360. Repairs: power mirror switch and bubbling paint on hood (warranty)

Can't go wrong... Great vehicle
By Hank Robertson on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After being somewhat confused as to which SUV to purchase I made the choice of this Expedition... I could not be happier... It is so comfortable and turns on a dime... I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys driving a bigger vehicle and yet wants responsive handling... Enjoy!

Go on an expedition to the repair shop
By HATEUFORD on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well hate doesn't accurately depict the way I feel about this vehicle. As soon as we hit 60K everything went to hell. Had to get a new engine, new suspension, new gaskets, radio doesn't like up, CD player doesn't work, had to replace the suspension. Passanger side air bag failure light is on. Being a stay at home mom who drives it to the store and for kids to school and then to see family on the weekends, I don't think we've been horrible to the car. It just is a horrible horrbible horrible car

expedition
By maryapple on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i have had this car for some time its not to bad.small BIGGER IS BETTER.little things break in the car like the handle. the gass needs to be better for trips .like from tampa to wesley chappel 10 times a week...

Great SUV
By StephenEB on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned this SUV since new and am very happy with it. It has the "No Boundaries" package and is equipped with the 4.6L V8. It is a little under- powered but if driven carefully it has pretty good (almost 20mpg avg) fuel economy considering its size/weight. I plan on keeping it for many years and so far it's been trouble-free.

Mine was a LEMON!!!
By Mine was crap! on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My EXPLODITION was in the shop for 28 days in one year. The dealer was of know help in getting it purchased back through the lemon law. They are programmed by FORD to do everything possible not to take these vehicles back. If you want to return it you have to get a lawyer.