2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Very pleased with SEL 2.0 FWD

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Very pleased with SEL 2.0 FWD
By automelon48 on

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from a slightly larger SUV with a 4.0L engine, I was anxious to keep the power but improve on fuel economy. I also do some trailer towing in the summer, so I really needed the power. I ordered a 2013 Escape SEL 2.0 FWD, with towing package.
Great choice!
Even though Canadian winters are snowy, I did not want the extra expense, weight, or fuel economy of an AWD system. I am achieving the EPA mileage (22/30) as long as I drive sensibly. (have kept mileage records for 12,500 miles) I have the latest release of the My Ford Touch system and it works quite well. Vehicle looks and rides great with 18" wheels. Tows trailer without a thought. First Ford in a long time and I am very pleased.

Update 3+ years of ownership 51Kmiles, (81K km). Still happy with my purchase. Gas mileage (hand calculated) is 25.3MPG without trailer towing. Dashboard display is close to that. It has an average error of 2.1% on the optimistic side. (dash display would be 25.8MPG) Very few recalls or problems. Low maintenance costs. Air filter is very hard to change. (Poor design.) Battery reserve seemed to diminish after 3 years, so I replaced that. (also hard to change, with very awkward placement) Let the dealer change your battery and your air filter. Still happy with my choice of FWD. Even in Canada AWD is not required for most people. Seems to be more marketing hype than anything. Generally very pleased. Bought out the lease after 3 years were up.

Update, almost 4 years old and going strong. Original brake pads and tires still lasting. Had oxygen sensor replaced under powertrain warranty. No other issues.

• Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Fuel economy
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review