Used 2013 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Gas mileage
By paigemc

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car in March 2013. The gas mileage I have gotten is 15 mpg city and 19 mpg highway. This has been verified with the dealership. They can find nothing wrong with the car and Ford advises this is within the normal range. If you are looking for a car that is economical, this is not the car for you.

Solid and fun car
By mattv9

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2.0 SEL AWD Escape bought last May. I've put on 5000 miles so far and I'm really pleased with it for many reasons. First of all, it's is really well made. The interior is high quality and really comfortable (I'm 6'2"... not all cars work for me). I liked the build quality much more than the CX-5. It's a blast to drive, it puts a grin on my face every day. It tracks true and is very sure on all sorts of conditions. I hardly can wait to try it in the snow! My gas milage averages around high 26mpg in mixed driving and 29 highway. With 2 kayaks this drops way down to 23-24mpg.

comfort of seats, flat folding rear seats, and overall looks.

The console is really deep, maybe offer some type of organizer for it rather than having a bottomless pit.

Great car so far
By 75hoo

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought in early April and have 5000 miles so far. I love it. It has never been in the shop. I get 29 mpg or better if I drive 70, but that drops to 27 at 75-80. I use regular gas. If I mix highway and town driving, I get 26mpg. Live in FL and drive fairly gently. Have never had a problem with pairing my iPhone 4s. I love the Sirius radio and how you can optimize it for driver listening. Great quiet ride.

Interior design, smooth ride, good mpg and best value for the money. I've owned Expedition, Tahoe, Pathfinder, Grand Cherokee, Pilot (all fully loaded), loved them all, and the Escape compares favorably to them all.

The steering at highway speeds takes some getting used to. Every little movement in the steering wheel is felt. Not a problem under 70.

13 Escape 2.0L Ecoboost
By canon60d

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought in May, and have had no issues whatsoever. The engine is a delight, strong and linear acceleration when you need it. Shifts are smooth with the 6 speed transmission, and the sport mode is great in the hills or twisties to eliminate unwanted shifts. Capable of decent gas mileage, but the turbo is way more fun. The really cool thing is the way it handles. Fantastic trip car, i had 4 adults, and a 1 year old with a huge car seat, and clothes for 3 days in the back, loaded to the gills, on twisty roads, and it handled like a dream. Pricey when loaded,but no more so that a Acura, or VW Tiguan, neither of which compares in performance, or feature set. Glad I bought it.

Panoramic sunroof, 2.0L Ecoboost, back up camera, rain sensing wipers, blind spot assist.

Fords Poor Customer service & Warantee
By jfrender

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a 2013 Ford Escape 10 months ago and have replaced the engine air filter on my echo boost engine with a k&n air filter. The plastic housing is cracking by the metal screws and 1 screw housing was stripped when purchased. I did not over tighten screws but the service mgr at Gaudin says I did because that wa his unintelligent response. Ford Motor Co. Regional Customer Service Mgr. Nikki out of Phoenix is going by what Gaudin Said. Ford will not honor Warrantee and the filter housing is thin plastic which is deteriating from heat and vibrations. A future problem could exist on all 2013 and 2014 Escapes and cause accelerated engine failure. After purchasing Fords since 1955 the serv