2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
First Brand New Car
By romans116 on 03/03/13 16:31 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I purchased our Escape back in October 2012. We absolutely love it! We test drove the 2013 Kia Sorento SX (smooth but interior felt cheap), 2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (too slow for me), and the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0L Turbo. The Santa Fe was nice, but the deal breaker for me with the Santa Fe was you could not get roof racks with the panoramic sunroof, as you could with the Escape. It also did not have memory seats. If I am paying for a vehicle fully loaded, I want it fully loaded. MPGs around the city are 21-22, Highway are 29-30. The only thing we didn't get on the car was the hands-free tailgate feature. I swapped it for a tow hitch.

Solid, Fun-to-drive Small SUV
By craign1 on 03/02/13 05:44 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 2 months and 2,000 miles, I am happy with this vehicle (SE 2.0 -- wasn't an option above). I purchased for compact, AWD, and 3,500 lb. towing capacity. Handles great in snow and muck. Gas mileage is as expected -- about 20 around town, upwards of 28 on highway, so around 23/24 on average. No issues thus far. Sync works fine with phone, bluetooth streaming from iPad, USB stick. I think this is as heavy and solid a small SUV as exists on the market today. A bit pricey but with the 2.0 turbo its not entirely comparable to other small SUVs. Engine is a bit buzzy at slow speeds (high pressure injectors, I'm told) but easily gotten used to.

Love my escape, hate the gas mileage
By cachten on 02/28/13 15:42 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have 800 miles on my escape. Drive local, 5 miles to work, not much highway driving at all. I'm getting 15.5 miles per gallon. I'm quite upset over it since I gave up my Camry that I didn't have to fill up for 23 days At a time. Someone please tell me I will get better mileage after the break in period!

Titanium Ford Escape 2013!!!!!!!
By tweetabird on 02/23/13 13:58 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

..I absolutely adore my new Ford Escape Titanium!!!! Seriously. it's a beautiful, comfortable and oh so quiet ride! I also, love that I can push the hatch button in the car and then see my dog Lilly staring at me to get her out..when we go to the Park. The stereo system is fantastic!! I have NOT had a single problem since I bought it 3 months ago. Only asked out on a date at the gas station! LOL! Sync is working beautifully!! My phone is wonderful to call family and friends! Navigation is beautiful! Don't believe anyone that tells you different the screen is sweet and works beautifully! Drive the Titanium model only I say it is beautiful in the ginger ale(green) color! Worth every dime!

economy, Sync lacking
By shortybus on 02/17/13 13:07 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2013 Escape SE 2.0 EcoBoost I feel like I am a victim of false advertising. Fuel economy is definitely not up to the billing. I'm lucky to keep it over 21 average. I got rid of my '05 4-Runner to try to get better mileage, but it's barely cutting it. Also, as described in numerous places here, Sync is buggy. I have recurring problems with my ipod and the Sync index. It's unpredictable and dsometimes unreliable. And when something's not right she won't shut up. Bottom line, nice vehicle for the money as long as you are aware of the problems. Don't expect much for fuel economy, at least with the 2.0, unless you drive like a granny in a warm, dry climate on flat roads.

Love it!
By gijanetexas on 02/15/13 17:19 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After having my 2003 Ford F-150 truck for ten years I got this Escape in Nov. 2012. They had the black and steek gray colors $2000.00 cheaper at my dealer so I decided I could live for a dark color to save money (I live in Texas where it is hot). It is the base model but it is FWD, has the basic Sync, remote start (dealer choice to install on all their cars), and door edge coating protection. The first few oil changes were included with special coupons as well as other couponds for discounts on services. Lots of cupholders. It has places for your umbrella and a big glove box. Plenty of storage for small items in the tire storage area. City driving has me getting 21.4 to 21.5 MPG.

2012 and 2013 Escape
By tjack129 on 02/13/13 10:45 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2012 limited and just bought the wife a 2013 Titanium. I like the old boxy model.....easy to drive.....easy to see out of.....everything works properly. It has the 2.5 engine and though it is not the smoothest and strongest engine it has been reliable and returns decent mileage. In my every day driving.....going to golf course.....running around to do things and occasional trips up the interstate to see granddaughter.....it is giving me currently 23.8 mpg over a period of several thousand miles. The new Titanium does every thing better except the mileage.....only 20.0 at this point. Hope fully that will improve.....only 500 miles at this point.

Awesome!!!!
By runstopper26 on 02/08/13 18:42 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Only had my Escape SE for 500 miles & I love everything about it!! It drives so smooth & handling is excellent! Transmission is very smooth! I am definitely impressed by this Ford. I was never a fan of the Ford lineup but checked them out - mainly the Edge, Escape, & Fusion. I went with the Escape bc I got the best deal on it. Definitely completely satisfied, however. I love driving it & when my lease is over, I will be considering another FORD!!

Beautiful and Fun to drive. Disappointing mpg and electronics
By mcraigs on 02/05/13 19:31 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Beautiful inside and out. Fun to drive and controls well. Functional and practical. I have been disappointed with mpg. I am averaging 21.5 mpg consistently for 6000 miles. This is based on 70 % highway 30% city driving. To put this in perspective I have a 2004 Subaru Forester XT that under the same driving conditions gets 29.5 mpg. My DH has a 2012 Ford Edge that gets 20.5 mpg under the same driving conditions. Based on other reviews I tried premium fuel. The premium fuel increased the mpg to 22.5 mpg. Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations. I have been disappointed in the somewhat buggy electronics - in particular my ford touch, navigation and parking assist. Fixed next release?

Nice car, but....
By brandonjones81 on 02/04/13 11:00 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Like many people on here I find most of the 2013 Escape impressive. It is truly fun to drive and spacious enough for my small family, while handling well in cities and fitting into tight parking spaces. I have seen many posts on this car, and others about the misrepresented EPA mpg numbers and must agree, this vehicle falls far short of those claims and the marketing around the vehicle. Many of these posts end up being squashed by people who comment and claim driver error. I got better average mpg in my previous car, a 2000 Impala with a 3.4L v6. I also had to rent a car, a VW cc with a similar engine. It claimed 32 mpg highway, and that is exactly what i got. This car averages 21.5.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$142 per month*