2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Love my escape, hate the gas mileage
By cachten on 02/28/13 15:42 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have 800 miles on my escape. Drive local, 5 miles to work, not much highway driving at all. I'm getting 15.5 miles per gallon. I'm quite upset over it since I gave up my Camry that I didn't have to fill up for 23 days At a time. Someone please tell me I will get better mileage after the break in period!

Titanium Ford Escape 2013!!!!!!!
By tweetabird on 02/23/13 13:58 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

..I absolutely adore my new Ford Escape Titanium!!!! Seriously. it's a beautiful, comfortable and oh so quiet ride! I also, love that I can push the hatch button in the car and then see my dog Lilly staring at me to get her out..when we go to the Park. The stereo system is fantastic!! I have NOT had a single problem since I bought it 3 months ago. Only asked out on a date at the gas station! LOL! Sync is working beautifully!! My phone is wonderful to call family and friends! Navigation is beautiful! Don't believe anyone that tells you different the screen is sweet and works beautifully! Drive the Titanium model only I say it is beautiful in the ginger ale(green) color! Worth every dime!

economy, Sync lacking
By shortybus on 02/17/13 13:07 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2013 Escape SE 2.0 EcoBoost I feel like I am a victim of false advertising. Fuel economy is definitely not up to the billing. I'm lucky to keep it over 21 average. I got rid of my '05 4-Runner to try to get better mileage, but it's barely cutting it. Also, as described in numerous places here, Sync is buggy. I have recurring problems with my ipod and the Sync index. It's unpredictable and dsometimes unreliable. And when something's not right she won't shut up. Bottom line, nice vehicle for the money as long as you are aware of the problems. Don't expect much for fuel economy, at least with the 2.0, unless you drive like a granny in a warm, dry climate on flat roads.

Love it!
By gijanetexas on 02/15/13 17:19 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After having my 2003 Ford F-150 truck for ten years I got this Escape in Nov. 2012. They had the black and steek gray colors $2000.00 cheaper at my dealer so I decided I could live for a dark color to save money (I live in Texas where it is hot). It is the base model but it is FWD, has the basic Sync, remote start (dealer choice to install on all their cars), and door edge coating protection. The first few oil changes were included with special coupons as well as other couponds for discounts on services. Lots of cupholders. It has places for your umbrella and a big glove box. Plenty of storage for small items in the tire storage area. City driving has me getting 21.4 to 21.5 MPG.

2012 and 2013 Escape
By tjack129 on 02/13/13 10:45 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2012 limited and just bought the wife a 2013 Titanium. I like the old boxy model.....easy to drive.....easy to see out of.....everything works properly. It has the 2.5 engine and though it is not the smoothest and strongest engine it has been reliable and returns decent mileage. In my every day driving.....going to golf course.....running around to do things and occasional trips up the interstate to see granddaughter.....it is giving me currently 23.8 mpg over a period of several thousand miles. The new Titanium does every thing better except the mileage.....only 20.0 at this point. Hope fully that will improve.....only 500 miles at this point.

Awesome!!!!
By runstopper26 on 02/08/13 18:42 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Only had my Escape SE for 500 miles & I love everything about it!! It drives so smooth & handling is excellent! Transmission is very smooth! I am definitely impressed by this Ford. I was never a fan of the Ford lineup but checked them out - mainly the Edge, Escape, & Fusion. I went with the Escape bc I got the best deal on it. Definitely completely satisfied, however. I love driving it & when my lease is over, I will be considering another FORD!!

Beautiful and Fun to drive. Disappointing mpg and electronics
By mcraigs on 02/05/13 19:31 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Beautiful inside and out. Fun to drive and controls well. Functional and practical. I have been disappointed with mpg. I am averaging 21.5 mpg consistently for 6000 miles. This is based on 70 % highway 30% city driving. To put this in perspective I have a 2004 Subaru Forester XT that under the same driving conditions gets 29.5 mpg. My DH has a 2012 Ford Edge that gets 20.5 mpg under the same driving conditions. Based on other reviews I tried premium fuel. The premium fuel increased the mpg to 22.5 mpg. Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations. I have been disappointed in the somewhat buggy electronics - in particular my ford touch, navigation and parking assist. Fixed next release?

Nice car, but....
By brandonjones81 on 02/04/13 11:00 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Like many people on here I find most of the 2013 Escape impressive. It is truly fun to drive and spacious enough for my small family, while handling well in cities and fitting into tight parking spaces. I have seen many posts on this car, and others about the misrepresented EPA mpg numbers and must agree, this vehicle falls far short of those claims and the marketing around the vehicle. Many of these posts end up being squashed by people who comment and claim driver error. I got better average mpg in my previous car, a 2000 Impala with a 3.4L v6. I also had to rent a car, a VW cc with a similar engine. It claimed 32 mpg highway, and that is exactly what i got. This car averages 21.5.

Gas pump nozzle sticking in tank
By dentonl on 02/01/13 11:30 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Twice the gas pump nozzle has stuck in my tank. I've reported to my dealer. They've also had the same issue with the 2013 Ford Escape. Luckily I was able to forcefully get out but the dealer had to have BP oil company dismantle the pumps to get out of the cars tank. The BP dealer reported they know of 14 cases in the St Louis area of this happening. I've reported this to Ford customer service and waiting on a response. I know this has to have happened to others but they think that they have done something wrong as I did. I have a 2011 Fusion that this is not an issue. The dealer told me to not stick the pump in the car over an inch. This is really an issue to keep the pump on.

Early days. but some observations
By laa5 on 01/21/13 16:49 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When my MB ML350 lease ended I decided to buy a cheaper SUV (tight budget and all that). Escape is nice size and for a 4cyl is a zippy quick little car and it handles fine. But I know it's a lot cheaper than what I had but I hate that I can feel it. Interior feels plastic and arm rests are not in the right place for use. The brake pedal is so far in front of the gas pedal I have really lift and my leg and in heels this is a bit awkward. I've had the car for just a short time and Sync has already frozen up and crashed. Navi needs your phone to work (not a built in system) and takes time to download instructions. But at least it understands my voice.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$165 per month*