2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Fun to drive & good mileage
By gatorgator on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.3L 4 cylinder engine with the 5 speed manual transmission is zippy! Plenty of power and very fun to drive. Ride is comfortable.

Young and Fun
By cutelilreiner on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like it, I came from driving a 04 4dr turbo diesel dualy to this and it is soooo much fun. It's little and easy to get around in but I don't feel like I'm gonna get completely squashed by other vehicles. It was great for gettin' around a college town where drivers are crazy.

#1 SUV
By Red Escape on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the all around best car. I do not have to worry about going out of town and having any problems with it, or waking up and it not starting. I know that this will be like every other Ford that my family has owned, a 200,000 mile+ car.

great suv
By cag on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

great suv also own 2001 escape with 40000 miles on it never had a problem with it drives great

exellent
By bennett,d on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

the 2005 escape is awesome.it has great inside room,with the 3/4 fold down seat offers great versatility.looks are are very stylish and handles like a car.this suv offers alot for good price.

GREAT
By NIKI on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

THIS CAR IS GREAT IT IS SO SMOOTH ON THE STREET AND ON GRAVEL IT IS NOT AS BUMMPY AS OTHER SUV'S.

Bill's 05 Escape
By Bill Street on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like my 2005 Escape XLT better then my 2001 Loncoln LS. Both had the Ford V6 engine but the Escape is very Quiet and Solid! The new floor shifter makes the Escape look and feel sporty! The new front bucket seats feel great. My only complant is the Escape needs a larger gas tank,try going to 18 gal up from 16! If you don't drive this car before you buy, you will never see how much FORD has done to get you BACK!

My Second Escape
By Ara on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Ford Escape. I am a musician and camper so I appreciate the interior space. I find it quite comfortable and easy to handle. It does however have some road noise and isn't the "smoothest" ride, but after all, it is an SUV. I have the XL package with 4 wheel drive which I have never had to use but feel it's worth it just in case. I would buy another unless the price goes too huigh for what it offers.

LOVE MY TRUCK
By will1 on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2005 Ford ESCAPE. I purchased the full package including the Guidepoint system and could not be happpier.

Fun & Peppy Ride @ a nice $
By Marjorie Constantino on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have the sport model. I found the Sport package to be a great buy for the money. You get great all-terrain tires, cool sport rims, roof rack, trailer hitch, and side step bars. It's good on gas. I love the smooth ride and handeling, unlike some other SUV's with a more bumpy ride. The back seats are quite roomey with a good size cargo area.The exterior is pleasing to the eye. It is stylish and sporty. It is a nice size, not too big and not too small. There are also alot of nice Escape accessories available from the Ford dealerships like: bike rack, roof storage bin, bug & rock shield, and more. I highly reccomend the Ford Escape.