2009 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Just little issues
By Tom on 02/13/10 05:58 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for work and I drive a lot of highway miles. I was hoping for better (averaging around 21 mpg) fuel economy then what I am experiencing. I have had a number of little issues from faulty wiring connectors to the radio mysteriousely turning off.

Not a 10 anymore!
By On the Edge on 01/31/10 09:40 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Edge because I wanted the styling, the dual roof and a Ford. But within the first year, the dual roof broke twice, the car stalled twice until it was determined it needed a new part. It is sluggish up a hill and slipped from being a 10 to a 5 in my recent opinion. All my friends know the problems I have had and have purchased other SUVs. No one I know will buy an Edge. I think I have a lemon and don't find my review reflective of all Edge's. But my lemon is getting more sour in it's second year. The roof is stuck again.

So very disappointed
By martha on 10/30/09 12:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 Edge in May of 09 and by this month (Oct 09) the car is having transmission issues. It also had to have the front passenger speaker replaced...twice! Needless to say that i am horribly disappointed with Ford and regret getting rid of my reliable GMC Yukon. I thought I was going to save on the mileage, but I would have preferred to keep spending a ton on gas than have to deal with all the issues this 5 month old car has given me. I will never again purchase Ford or any other make/model this company makes and will do everything I can to tell people to avoid Ford vehicles like the plague! I thought Ford had fixed all their issues, but obviously this isn't the case!

Nice Car!
By Ralph on 06/29/09 16:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I grew up with Ford trucks and station wagons. I currently own a 1997 F350 crew cab. The Edge is a totally new experience for me and my family. I can't get my wife out of the car, she's always on the road! My kids who normally think that their parents are "old" love it! Their computer Geek friends love SNYC and the other features. We love the ride.

2008 Ford Edge SEL
By Fernando on 05/14/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a brand new 2008 Ford Edge back in March 2009 and I love the car. It feels like a real car. Its performace is awesome and not to mention its outside and inside design. Even my wife wants to drive my car more often than her Honda Pilot. The Sync system is great and if you are into technology, you will enjoy it even more. I must say that Ford really scored a 10+ on this one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$136 per month*