Over-priced Piece of Junk!!!!!
By XCThinker on
2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Did lots of research and thought Ford was really becoming competitive with foreign auto brands...WRONG!!! From day one, something was not right with my Edge. The headlights were cracked from the inside upon purchase. At 5000 miles, the transmission felt off - searching for gears, excessive shifting. When the OD, it struggled and revved too high. At 8000 miles the tranny blew while I was driving on a mountain pass - I lost total control of the vehicle and was forced to use the E break to pull off the road. The tranny was replaced, but at 16000 miles it was dripping oil from the tranny again - this time an axle rod. I told Ford I didn't feel safe & was treated like an annoyance.
Favorite Features
I liked the looks and the AWD. The room and versatility of the interior was the major selling point for me.
Suggested Improvements
Better design - always had odd sun reflections on the dash and windshield despite tinting the windows. Transmission needs major improvements - reliability and performance (in need of better gears selection). Ford Corporate needs to appreciate their customers - many of us took a chance on them!