New Pentastar V6 Shines Bright!
By gepfund on
2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
The New 2011 Challenger Rallye is now the car to buy. I held off buying one until now because the old V6 engine was a slug. This new Pentastar V6 engine with over 300 HP and over 260 lb-feet of torqe is the smoothest thing since satin coats, which by the way would look great on anybody driving a 70's flashback car like the Challenger. let's also talk power! This engine will throw you back in your seats all the while growling like a angry puppy. This engine is loving this car. Hemi's are great but let's talk insurance premiums and 5 dollar gas plus city traffic. The Challenger Rallye is the complete muscle car of the future because it lives the part and gets 29 mpg on highway.
Favorite Features
All the changes for 2011. new smaller soft touch leather steering wheel, getting rid of the ram emblem on the hood really cleans this car up. The new duel exhaust system for the V6. The upgraded dvd/HDD 7 speaker stereo with amp and display. heated seats, and the seats are as comfortable as Volvo's which is saying something. And of course the New Pentastar V6 Engine. This car is a tank. The looks she gets every time i drive her. Hood Stripe and standard retro fuel fill cap.
Suggested Improvements
Ok so i know this is a muscle car but it is already teched out so a nice back up camera would have been cool since it's got the display screen already. Also heated mirrors standard or in the heated seat package since you have to buy another expensive tech option package just to get them. A dvd explaining all the features of the uconnect system and dvd mp3 hard drive. I think that's about it. oh maybe better customer service training for dodge sales people. That one is for Chrysler to see. Most dealers i went to the sales men are still trying all the old tricks. One even tried to sell me undercoating. This is 2011 right? As Dodge improves its cars Chrysler Dealers need to improve
By redlinered382
on 06/27/12 08:52 AM (PDT)

I have had my 392 Challenger for a year. I love this car. I wanted a Reline Red fully optioned 392 challenger so I tried to order it. To my dismay, the reline red paint was unavailable because of the tsunami in japan had made this color (and others) impossible to get. The local dealer found a redline red one and optioned it as per my request. It is an every box checked, challenger, except for a sunroof. I didn?t want a sunroof (it breaks up the stripe)2011 Challenger 392. It came with black stripes. I had the dealer remove the black stripes and I had the exact same stripes put back on but in white. This changes the entire look of the car. The word I hear most is STUNNING. I will admit, It is stunning. I have taken a number of road trips. It is an amazing road car. I get comments almost every time I stop to get gas or take it to the car wash. If it?s parked in my driveway, (it?s usually in the garage under a car cover) people will stop in the street just to look at it. It has an amazing presence. To be proud of owning this car is an understatement. I have friends with Cobra mustangs, Vipers and Camaros. None of these cars get the attention that my redline red white striped 392 challenger gets. Actually, the looks of the car is not why I bought it. I bought it because it?s fast. I mean really fast. It?s a six speed and it will bark the tires in third gear when you?ve got your foot in it. I?m not the greatest manual transmission driver but the car still ran 13.00s at 110 MPH when I took it to the track. As far as the comparison to the Mustangs or the Camaros as an all-around great car, my challenger wins hands down. The cobras and the Vipers maybe a bit faster in a straight line but no other American made car comes close to being as great of an all-around car as the 392 challenger. Dodge did an amazing job in making this one great Retro looking car with the latest technology of day.