Like no other car I've ever driven...
By ejecea on
2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
I have owned Volt #3219 since July 2011 and cannot say enough about it. It is the very definition of under promise/over deliver. I drove away in my Volt without previously having a test drive and I was immediately shocked at the sheer power and torque. It far surpassed my expectations. At 42 years old, I've driven everything from a modified 69 Camero to a $250,000.00 Porsche GT2, and I can say that the Volt is just as much FUN to drive! Really! The instant torque is addictive. While driving it home through Wyoming, I simply couldn't keep the car under 90 mph. OH Yeah... the Bose sound system totally ROCKS, and the heater (which really matters in Montana) is awesome.
Favorite Features
Favorite Features? Well, first is the instant torque at any speed. It just makes gas cars seem like slow complex contraptions. Secondly, cost of ownership. I spend about $18/Mo in electricity compared to my wife who spends about $380.00 in gasoline. 70% of which comes from foreign countries. The sound system is totally sweet. It is absolutely silent while driving. It looks RAD! It is simply FUN to drive. It's so refined, and performs so instantly it's like driving a Dragonfly.
Suggested Improvements
Four seats is a real problem for a single dad with four young children. The cargo light is in a bad spot. I had to remove the front air damn because it scrapes on everything.