2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Performs beyond my expectation

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Performs beyond my expectations.
By Robbie1510 on

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned my truck for 7 months and I have definatly put it to the test. Living in Utah makes it easy to test the trucks abilities in the elements. So far I am very happy with the performance and durabilty. This truck has taken me to the Grand Canyon in November (8" of snow 45 miles unplowed), through rivers, streams, muddy ponds, up and down mountain trails, and in between all this pounding, the extensive road trips in comfort. Keep in mind my truck is still stock with no modifications.

Leather heated seats, 5.3 liter engine, Z71 options (limit slip diff., skid plates) smooth ride, and good handling. Auto 4x4 is nice to have in unpleasant conditions (extreme conditions require full time)

The difference between the independant front suspension and a solid front axle in marginal (in my opinion). I wish GM gave the option for a solid front axle in the 5.3 1500 silverado ext. cab Z71. I don't need the HD.