2013 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Best Buy so far
By nobbyclarke on 06/22/13 09:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Ive had my Malibu for a couple of weeks now, It's a beautiful vehicle. I think they made a mistake with the quality and price. I am expecting a call any day now telling me I paid too little and I owe them 5 grand. And do you know, I might just pay it.

This car is a blessing from god himself!!!
By omar18 on 06/02/13 16:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle handles like a dream and is hands down the best mpg car I have ever owned. The stylish interior and the uncanny or almost supernatural exterior designs are amazing!!! It is an incredible work of art. I feel so blessed that I choose to buy one. If the word gets out this vehicle should be the car of the year no doubts about it!!!

I can't believe it's not an import!
By kkear3 on 05/12/13 18:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This 2013 Malibu is all the reasons we used to buy import cars. It's quiet inside, good looking on the outside, has amazing tech, plenty of power, gets great gas mileage( 31 MPG rural driving), excellent paint work, all priced lower than most everything else. I don't know why GM couldn't or didn't build cars like this 30 years ago; I am just glad they do now. I was going to lease a Camry SE to replace my aging Tundra which needed several VERY expensive repairs (!!!!) but the Malibu has more equipment and is 30% less in both down money and monthly payment. Best of all the 2013 Malibu is SO much better looking than the "dopey" looking 2013 Camry. Gotta love the cool blue interior illumination.

A Very Good Buy
By bedshki on 04/24/13 13:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The redesigned 2013 Malibu looks and drives nothing like the 2012 model. This car is an extremely comfortable drive and the seats hug you. It features a quiet interior which you will really notice on those drives on the interstate. In addition to the redesigned interior, Chevy redesigned the gearing to get a car with a total average of about 30mpg city/highway. In short, if you are looking for a reliable car with a sleek look this is the car to have.

Chevy Malibu 2013
By stromit on 04/23/13 19:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the Chevy 1LT Malibu for about a month now. Traded in a 2006 Honda Pilot with almost 100K. Hard to trade in but it eats gas like nothing. Really like the better gas mileage. Not fantastic but a big step up. We also have a 2012 Honda Accord. The Accord gets better gas mileage and is zippier and shifts gears smoother. But, the Malibu feels like a really nice luxury car. I really like it better. In fact, my 18 year old likes it much better than the Accord. More bells & whistles. Will be interesting to see the reliability in the future for both. But, I have more faith in GM now than in the past. As far as OnStar navigation which is free for 6 months, not impressed.

Fantastic refined midsize sedan
By curved on 04/22/13 14:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I bought a '13 Malibu ECO last week and have been loving it. Compared to other mid size cars I've driven, this new Malibu is something special. It offers a rewarding, precise drive, highly refined drivetrain, top-of-the-class interior, and great seats for tall people. Its compromises are an only moderately impressive fuel economy figure and moderate size interior. I have owned some very fast cars, and the suspension on this car is one of the most impressive I have driven. It manages to have luxury-level refinement while being very precise and settled during high speed cornering. If you're looking for a mid size car with very high refinement, this is it.

Love it!
By kks2013 on 04/10/13 14:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I swore I would never drive a car again after owning SUV's, but I'm eating crow! Tired of getting 12 mpg with my 08 Chrysler Aspen and pouring money into fixing it, I traded for my Malibu and glad I did! 32 mpg highway and 28 city...not sure why I didn't do it sooner. Love the the design inside and out and get all kinds of compliments on its looks.

Excellant
By c4ddym4n on 03/12/13 14:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan w/Premium Audio (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Love this Malibu. I traded my 2010 2LT with 59k miles for this ECO 2SA with leather. I travel city/hwy and was getting 24MPG now I am getting 29 MPG City/Hwy. Less engine noise and more power. Shuts engine off at stop lights, restarts when I remove my foot from the brake, seamless.

Awesome Car!
By ekrupa on 03/01/13 08:00 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Personally, this is probably my favorite car in its class....handsomely designed inside and out, a somewhat powerful 4cyl thats excellent on fuel and of course MyLink standard on most models. I've gotten comments from people i didn't even know how much they like the car and what it even is in the first place cause they aren't common around here. Overall its great, i'd highly recommend it to anybody looking for a mid-size sedan. Don't listen to the media on this one..its not a toyota camry so of course they're going to give it a bad review.

Not Bad
By saminboca on 02/21/13 09:38 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a nice car, not a great car but a nice car. It does whjat it was made to do, take 4 or 5 people from one place to another in some comfort. It is the first American car I have owned in 20+ years and yes The American car industry has come a long way but.... why do they scrimp on little things that would make the car a pleasure instgead of just O.K.? Windows that one touch going down but not up? No internal trunk release? Power seats on one side only? and no going up and down does NOT make the seat power. No spare tires? Not run flats either.. It could use a bit more power too. I will say for the price it is a nice car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu in NJ is:

$234 per month*