HORRIBLE!!! STAY AWAY!!!
By chevy55tool on
2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car for my wife with 25,000 miles on it. Within the first 3-6 months, the car began falling apart. We noticed that the entire front steering/suspension would dangerously shake when braking; The electric power steering now locks/unlocks at its own behest(EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!!!) which is a lawsuit waiting to happen; the front tires wear down at a ridiculous rate; the windshield/dashboard make a very annoying rattle when going b/w 45-65 mph, the CD player overheats; the sun visor wont stay upright; the dome light switch is very difficult to deal with; I love old classic chevys, but what a pile of dung for this day and age. Extremely disappointed.
Favorite Features
It's reprehensible that GM can legally put out a vehicle for mass production with such hazardous flaws such as the electric power steering problem (among others). It seems now, that the bottom line is all that matters, and "safety" is just selling pitch. Don't get me started on GM warranties!!!
Suggested Improvements
I would recommend all 2006 Malibu owners to keep all service records regarding the electric power steering problem and have them ready for any impending lawsuits should your steering fail someday cause fatalities on the road.