2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Great little car

2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Great little car
By jmt on

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After comparing it to several other small cars (including Corolla and Civic), the Malibu definitely had the most bang for my buck. It's a sharp looking little car, comfortable, fun to drive, and gets pretty good gas mileage (21-22 mpg in heavy city driving). The steering took me about a month to get used to, but I don't know if that's because I was used to the steering on my old '97 Escort. Now I don't even notice it.

I love the lumbar support and the delayed locking. I haven't used the fold-flat passenger seat, but I like having the feature. The interior is really very comfortable and aesthetically-pleasing. The car also has 2 trip meters, keeps track of your gas mileage, and the miles remaining on your tank.

The letters on the gearshift do not light up (I have to check on the dashboard to make sure I'm in the right gear sometimes). The map lights seem a little flimsy. You can only fold down the rear seats by releasing them from inside the trunk.