2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
2006 Malibu LTZ
By ktm0126 on 02/14/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Completely surprised and pleased with the performance of the 2006 LTZ. Features for the price is outstanding compared to vehicles in its class. Interior has a well defined classy look with the leather, contrary to other reviews. Handles well, with some power from the V6, and so far the gas mileage has been good.

My '06 Malibu SS
By ladydecuir on 02/12/06 20:23 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderfully exciting car to drive. Small gas tank, but good mileage. Excellent mileage on the highway. A real fun and sexy car driving experience!

2006 Malibu Sedan 6 cyl.
By npillen on 02/05/06 12:47 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! It has a tremendous amout of room. It does have a little bit of a spacey steering, but handles great. I think it looks very sleek and overall I am totally satisified with this car!

My first new car
By Jamie on 01/31/06 12:57 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is the smoothest and most quiet car I have ever driven. It is not the most fuel efficient vehicle, and overly-concious driving will still only earn you around 20 mpg... highway driving at 60 mph (on cruise control) will get you 23 or 24 mpg. The rear seats fold down to give a ton of storage space. I didn't notice any wind noise, but I have driven mostly older cars with lots of squealing and roaring. I'm an aggressive driver and it handles well... though it takes a while to stop because of the vehicle's weight.

Malibu Delivers on Fuel Economy
By Ed on 01/22/06 21:55 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our Malibu for two months now and we're very pleased with the fuel economy. We looked at hybrids but decided that we'd rather pay less upfront and get better long term durability (who knows how long a hybrid battery will last). We've gone on a few long trips too and it's very comfy. XM satellite radio was the only thing we didn't want, but we're finding that it's one of the best options too. This car isn't killing our pocket book and we're very pleased with it's performance. The V6 is much peppier than the V6 Honda we got rid of.

I love my car
By sweater32 on 01/16/06 17:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The LTZ Malibu is a dream come true car for the price. I love the way it handles going slow and fast. It can turn on a dime. I love the data that you can see readily: mph, how many miles you have left on your tank of gas, when oil should be change, The average mph you are traveling, two trip mileage. The direction you are traveling on the mirror (NSEW) Onstar for free for one year. Heated seats, leather seats and steeriing wheel. The radio can be accessed on the steering wheel including mute.

Hard to Believe it's a Malibu!
By Jon Nosakowski on 01/12/06 11:42 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The car drive smooth and is very comfortable for long trips. The six speaker stereo sounds excellent. The gas mileage is so-so. I feel I drive "normally" and I average 18.2 MPG city. But, it beats the mileage I got with my '95 Z28! The looks are what makes the vehicle! There is no need for after market anything (except maybe a chip).

What Happened?
By FelixT on 01/03/06 01:02 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had 2000 and 2003 Malibu and thought that GM was finally on the right track with interior design. In 50 years of car ownership I can say the daytime readability of instrumentation is the worst I have ever had. The speedometer has only even numbered markings and the fuel gage level is difficult to interpret with quick glance. The markings are difficult to see unless in direct sunlight and become invisible if you wear sunglasses. Hard to use air flow & temp knobs. Center consle awkward to use. Drivers seat has lump in center from front to back. Electric power steering is scary with poor road feel at straight line highway/expwy speeds over 50 mph.

Purchased new 2006 model
By MrsCFlowers on 12/27/05 01:16 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We are very pleased with the quality and performance of our new vehicle. I haven't seen the earlier models but we are pleased with the interior design and seats. I like the idea of heated seats for when it's cold out, and I like the remote starting feature.

For the price, at least you get size
By SccaBrian on 12/26/05 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Ok, the numbers may look a bit harsh, but has anyone considered an alternative? There's the Ford Fusion and the Hyundai Sonata. This car is not a bad one, but for the 17,000 dollar price tag, there are many better options out there. The ride quality on the Malibu is great, but the suspension is so soft that the car wobbles in the wind and on the highway. The 4cyl engine is very loud, which can make you think you're going fast, until you check the speedometer that is. Within 6k miles, the dome light stopped working (the switch went bad) and the drivers side sun visor fell off. This is a car best left for hardcore Chevy enthusiasts. Unless you can find one at a huge discount, don't even bother

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.