2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Malibu Mamma
By Bob on 12/21/05 18:06 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is one of the better values that Chevrolet has ever put out. Ride and handling and fuel economy is outstanding, for this class of vehicle. The LTZ is very well equipped for the money. So far it is a joy to drive. I smile every time I pull up to the gas pumps.

Great U,.S. car
By Jack Deeves on 12/04/05 10:15 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Extremely quiet, even compared to the 2004 Malibu. Very roomy. Excellent vision. Upholstery could be softer. Perfect family size. Trouble free. Our model is LT with 2LT options. Exceptional gas mileage. Deserves more sales. America needs to note vast improvement in all American cars.

Bargain
By mjw on 11/25/05 18:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased for college daughter but mom stole it away. Great value. Build quality not up to foreign standards but loaded with convenience and safety features. Gently ride, adequate handling. Not bad looking. Rear doors allow excess wind noise.

A real Jewel
By Roger on 11/10/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a friends Malibu I had to consider it as one of the next cars. I was looking to purchase a Camry or an Accord, because magazines and peoples perceptions were they are the best. After driving the three cars and comparing options, ride, features, quality and saftey, and price. The Malibu was the clear winner. I am averaging 31.5 miles to the gallon. I have remote start, and passive alarm, adjustable pedals, and telescopic steering wheel, Side curtain airbags, and daytime running lights, all speed traction control, anti lock brakes, and programable features. Quailty, and reliabilty it rated over the other two by JD Powers. Saftey it Rated Highest.

Great car
By Dave A on 10/28/05 10:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car, after hearing about is reliability and initial quality. I have seen nothing to contradict that. The car feels spacious on the inside, and even the most basic model comes with a wealth of accessories.

2006 Chevy Malibu LS
By albert raposo on 10/19/05 13:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My 2006 Malibu is a wonderful vehicle. My gripes about it are that it came with no mats and the gas gauge is of low quality. It is a very spacious style. My friends even tell me that it looks like a luxury car. I have it in the dark blue metallic color. wow! At night time it looks black, and in the shade it's a dark navy blue. In the sun its a sparkly cheerful blue. My car is a 4 cylinder and it gets as much mileage as my old 2002 Nissan Sentra. For a base model, this car is loaded with features.

Purchased a new 2005 model
By Jon on 10/15/05 22:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car runs great and the ride is smooth. The exterior is beautiful with a solid look and feel to it. When you open and close the doors it feels solid. The fuel economy is good for a six cylinder. The pickup is great and I'm glad I bought a six cylinder over a four cylinder. The only negative I see so far is that the interior is very plain. So if you can live with a boring interior I highly recommend this car.

My New Malibu
By shebraatz on 10/08/05 23:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I went from an SUV to a sedan primarily for mpg increase. I hadn't owned a "car" for 10 years. This vehicle is a pleasure to drive and only going to the gas station half as often is a nice break. It'll be interesting to see how much I like it once the winter roads start appearing and I have Front Wheel drive instead of 4 Wheel drive.

Str8ups
By Str8ups on 10/04/05 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car to date is a smooth ride, comfortable, sleek, and a good buy. It is a car that many are asking about. My last car was a Cavalier. The Cavalier is a good car as well. I had it 10 years and it is still in good working order. I hope the testament of the Cavalier is a indicator of what to expect of the Malibu.

2006 Malibu SS Reality Check
By Ted's Reality on 09/04/05 11:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is a hot new ride that offers a LOT for the money. Only in Ted's dreams, however, does he get 30-40mpg with a 3.9L V6. Chevrolet only rates it 18-23 or so. After market parts might allow one to milk it for another 10-15%. Make no mistake, this is a comfortable but gas guzzling ride with a lot of punch under the hood.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.