2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
early transmission problems pleague both our chevys
By billman2 on 02/13/14 14:50 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

can't say much good noisy on rough roads and multiple trans repairs have deadlined the car while we still make payments on it.

best vehicle ive ever owned
By andrew97 on 06/13/13 20:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove it 2 plus years ago loved it then and as it sits in my driveway now I still love it. I purchased a '10 Impala LT only 1 yr old with 15,000 miles. It now has well over 43,000 and the only thing it's needed was a battery and the air recirculation valve for emissions. (both replaced under war) It rides great, for an American V6 the mpg is not bad at all I get 25 plus on the highway and right around 19 in town. interior is comfy any problems are my fault. only issue I'm having right now is the pass front window motor is slow. with proper maintenance and driving less like and idiot and more like a responsible driver and these cars should last a very long time.

Whistle type air leak
By lura on 05/02/13 14:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2010 Impala in Oct. 2012 with less then 19,000 miles on it. When I am driving down the road with the window down and air button circulating air from outside there is a whistle from the passenger side. If you turn the fan on it stops. If you have the button circulating the air inside the car there is no whistle with the window down and fan off. I have been told now that all the Impala's do this. Really? I don't believe this is true. Why would you manufacture a car that when you drive it you can't enjoy due to whistle. I am fed up with the run around from the dealership. I had a 2004 Impala and my friend has 2009 Impala and they don't have the whistle

LOVE IT
By jered90 on 03/24/12 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2006 monte carlo for a 2010 impala lt I am truley imprested with the vechile the ride is great because i a big guy 6'1 330 and i have plenty of room when i step on the gas the tires are peeling and I am gone I love the car for the one conserding gettin one you will love the vechile it have great gas mileage but for me i keep my foot all the way on the floor so i don't get the great gas milage I should but other than that this is a wondful car and by the way mine in what they call raven black with black interior and I just got 5% tint on the windows people have to look closley at me when I drive by HA HA HA HA

Road Noise Anyone???
By 30_yr_gm_tech on 03/07/12 07:28 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a 30 year GM Tech. Bought this pile of junk for my wife 2 years ago and now has 12K on it. We had a death in the family up north and drove the Impala 1100 miles up. Absolutely the loudest road noise I have heard from a New Car ever! Forget the trunk bowtie ornament falling off, the On-Star/XM Antenna flying off the car on the highway, one of the tire pressure sensors went out, and last week the AirBag light came on setting multiple codes. Ask me why GM doesn't want to hear from me!?!?! My wife and I have had it with the car, tried to trade it in for a quieter car and no GM Dealers want to give me more than half what we paid for it on trade. Even with only 12K on it! Calling GM again!!!

Better than the "pros" reviews let on
By Chris on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've been a Chevy man most of my life. Never had a bad one and the 1994 Caprice Classic I traded in for this 2010 Impala 3.5L LT 1LT had 190,000 miles on it. It never gave me or my teenage son a bit of trouble, other than the usual parts starting to wear out. Son now driving my 2003 Malibu V6 with 117,000. It's called maintenance folks. My new Impala is super comfortable and the 3.5L V6 is a lot quicker than those "pros" let on (and I grew up on V8's). Ride is smooth and handling is quite good. Quiet inside. I commute 70 miles a day on some tough roads and so far the Impala appears "good to go". Mileage is 27 mpg so far. Visibility is good and the brakes appear to be well done.

Alignment issue
By me on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Drive is good, but the car's alignment drifts and pulls right. i need to tug constantly to left at both slow and highway speeds.

Great car
By funbus on 08/15/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got the LT model, couldn't be happier. It's a nice family sedan, nice sound system and quiet smooth ride. What else could you ask for. Getting about 26 mpg in mixed driving.

Week Long Rental
By Josh on 05/21/10 14:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was given the 2010 Chevy Impala Lt to drive while my 2008 Mazda 3 was in the shop. I came away missing my Mazda real bad. Gas Mileage during the week averaged 21.3 which is terrible because I drive mostly highway to work. The ride is pretty comfortable compared to my Mazda. The V6 engine is nice on the highway, but acceleration seems slow. Overall my Mazda is much more fun to drive.

Impressed
By Intruder on 02/12/10 10:27 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car to replace my wife's 11 year old Regal. She has been very impressed with the car even with On Star. The car is very comfortable. The gas mileage is better than expected. The dealer was outstanding.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in NJ is:

$228 per month*