Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

2010 Impala
By car_lover4

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Trans failed at 72k, right after warranty ran out, in spite of having transmission service performed as specified in maintenance schedule. $2000 to fix. Got used at 25k, has always used 1qt oil/1500miles. Trans shop said trans failure is common in Impala. Low roofline makes it hard to get in and out. Cramped interior. Big trunk, but nearly impossible to reach stuff in front half because of small trunk opening. Feels like being in a compact car rather than a full sized. Would not buy again.

I had a 2003 Impala before this 2010. The 2003 felt like it was much roomier. It had a smaller engine but fantastic fuel economy. This car feels smaller and cramped but has a lot bigger engine. Lots of power, but much worse fuel economy. Ok for driving back and forth to work, kind of cramped for long trips. I do like the straight forward layout of the controls, everything is easy to understand and easy to use. Other than trans failure and using 1 qt oil/1500 miles, no other mechanical problems.

Needs to be roomier. Come on, GM, this is the biggest Chevy you make. It is supposed to be the product flagship. This car feels way to small and cramped to be your top of the line model. Needs better gas mileage. My 2003 Impala felt much bigger and roomier yet averaged far better fuel economy in real world driving. True, this car has a much more powerful engine, but the engine in the 2003 had more than enough power, and cost a lot less to fill up. I'm pretty upset about the trans failure at 72k, right after the warranty ran out. Trans shop said this is a common problem in Impala. No excuse for this.

Never again!
By luvtaymae

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Chevy again! Recently had the transmission replaced in our Impala which is ridiculous! The servicemen at the transmission shop were shocked that a transmission only three years old had to be replaced. And to think I bought the car figuring it would be a good value boy was I wrong! Should have heeded the warning from the 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS that I owned prior to this car it also needed multiple major repairs. No more American cars for me I'm going foreign from now on...

None

Improve quality.

Easy to Drive Car
By 99snitsky

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like how the car drives with the soft suspension, it absorbs bumps very well. All models come with an 8 way power driver seat with lumbar. I am tall and I have plenty of head/leg room. Mine has the floor shifter and it isn't marked, when shifting you have to look at the dash, very cheap. I like the interior layout of the radio, climate controls, and dashboard. Very straight forward and easy to use/read. On the downside the interior is full of cheap plastic/ fake wood. The car has a huge trunk, it nice going shopping knowing you have room. The back seat is small for a large car. I didn't have the car long enough to comment about reliability.

Power drivers seat, soft suspension, easy to use radio, climate controls, and dashboard. The huge trunk which makes shopping easy. The automatic remote which unlocks the door and opens the trunk, mine came with 2. The car has a vehicle information center which tells you oil life and tire pressure. The automatic headlights, you never have to turn them on as long as the switch is on the automatic position. The inferior lights go off by themselves in 10 minutes, so if you forget to leave them on, your battery won't go dead.

THe floor shifter should be marked. The interior materials should be made better. So-so exterior styling, very generic looking. The heat/ac is always on even when its off. If you turn it off, it should be off. Very annoying for in between weather, your wither too hot or too cold.

excellent car for the price
By mmm18

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used in 2010, with roughly 20000 miles on it. So far I have been very happy with the car. I did 80000 miles; only one minor issue with the gas pedal at 60000, but nothing else; I drove through snowstorms, rain, etc and I felt very comfortable in this Impala. Highly recommend it! Giving what I paid for it, I consider it the best car I have ever owned.

Will never own another chevorlet car....
By shadowslake

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2010 LS Impala. Had the car from new. It has 43k miles on it. The vent in the AC that switches from hot to cold has been replaced twice in a year. The inlinement is expensive adding $100 to the cost because of design. The transmition died last week (warenty) but still.... 43k miles... really? The gass millage sucks too.

Pleanty of room in the car for my kids.

Throw away the mold. I also have a 2004 GTO with 120k miles on it and love it. Is a shame that you let pontiac go under and keep this crap on the road.