Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala LS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Owner since 2011 200k miles so far
By Gary45fuentes

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car engine is strong feels brand new. Only problem I have is the transmission went out at 146k miles. I now put 200k miles since then and transmission is starting to slip again. I paid $1,375.00 for rebuild. Looks like I'm going to have to dish out another 1375 soon 😑

Transmission
By Aneca

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my car in July 2011. Six months after I had to get evaporated canister repaired. June 2013 car stopped in traffic, it wouldn't accelerate. Had it towed to dealer they said transmission needed to be repaired. GM covered the cost of repair. April 2014, car stopped again in traffic. I had it towed back to dealer. They said transmission problem again. This time warranty was expired. I called GM and they assisted with half the cost. November 2015 car stopped in traffic again. I had car towed to dealer. Transmission again and this time they say it needs to be replaced. As of right now I'm battling with dealer and GM.

be forewarned
By d. umba

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I only have 41,000 miles on my 2010 chevy impala. Never had a car with so many problems...display says engine losing power....also warning about stabil something or other...car has loud ticking noise coming from front passenger side when opening or closing doors also when starting car or turning off ignition.

2010 Impala
By car_lover4

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Trans failed at 72k, right after warranty ran out, in spite of having transmission service performed as specified in maintenance schedule. $2000 to fix. Got used at 25k, has always used 1qt oil/1500miles. Trans shop said trans failure is common in Impala. Low roofline makes it hard to get in and out. Cramped interior. Big trunk, but nearly impossible to reach stuff in front half because of small trunk opening. Feels like being in a compact car rather than a full sized. Would not buy again.

I had a 2003 Impala before this 2010. The 2003 felt like it was much roomier. It had a smaller engine but fantastic fuel economy. This car feels smaller and cramped but has a lot bigger engine. Lots of power, but much worse fuel economy. Ok for driving back and forth to work, kind of cramped for long trips. I do like the straight forward layout of the controls, everything is easy to understand and easy to use. Other than trans failure and using 1 qt oil/1500 miles, no other mechanical problems.

Needs to be roomier. Come on, GM, this is the biggest Chevy you make. It is supposed to be the product flagship. This car feels way to small and cramped to be your top of the line model. Needs better gas mileage. My 2003 Impala felt much bigger and roomier yet averaged far better fuel economy in real world driving. True, this car has a much more powerful engine, but the engine in the 2003 had more than enough power, and cost a lot less to fill up. I'm pretty upset about the trans failure at 72k, right after the warranty ran out. Trans shop said this is a common problem in Impala. No excuse for this.

Never again!
By luvtaymae

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Chevy again! Recently had the transmission replaced in our Impala which is ridiculous! The servicemen at the transmission shop were shocked that a transmission only three years old had to be replaced. And to think I bought the car figuring it would be a good value boy was I wrong! Should have heeded the warning from the 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS that I owned prior to this car it also needed multiple major repairs. No more American cars for me I'm going foreign from now on...

None