Very Disappointed Equinox Owners
By johnnygl on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
The shifting is very eratic and very rarely smooth. The shift between 2nd and 3rd is usually very hard. The hard shifting can lift my back off the seat. It is especially noticable during the first drive of the day even after warming the engine. We also started noticing a hesitation when accelerating between 0 and 20 mph. Then we noticed an abnormal fluttering or shuddering of the engine or transmission while driving in upper gears. This vehicle's performance is worthy of a trade-in. To be quite honest, this car has caused my wife and I more anxiety and frustration than it is worth. It is in the shop for the 4th time and all the technicians can say is "we can't find any codes.
Favorite Features
We fell in love with the elegant exterior appearance the first time we saw one. I love the rims, 17in tires, 4 wheel traction control, and twilight blue metallic paint job. Stereo is nice. This is my wife's car and she loves the back-up camera, compartment space, and interior styling. These nice features can help to take your mind off the hesitations, fluttering, shuddering and jerkiness of our car's engine and transmission. We also like the hands free phone system. This comes in handy while we leave another voice mail with our Chevrolet district customer service representative.
Suggested Improvements
Chevrolet sold us a poor performing vehicle. Our service technician said our car was "herkey jerkey." My wife believes that not all Equinox's perform like ours. I would like the Chevy engineers to fix our engine and transmission. The plastic storage compartments are not very durable. The latch on one has already broke. The leather seats needed to be redesigned. Our dealer stuffed ours with some type of filler because they were sagging or buckling. The back door lock also stuck and needed dealer attention. Chevy could also eliminate the loud, obnoxious whizzing sound that comes from under the hood when we turn the car off.
By jrt_banks
on 09/20/11 22:05 PM (PDT)

omg omgomg !! that is EXACTLY what mine is doing! They say is normal. NO ITS NOT! its annoying!!!!!!!!! esp the shuddering and noise when u reach 45mph or over!!! No one knew what i was talking about and they kept saying it was road noise! NO WAY!!!!!!