Loud engine knock at cold start up.
By arveejay on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
The car is very comfortable to drive with lots of leg room. It handles just fine, looks great and rides great. My only concern so far is the 2.4L engine rattle at cold start. It sounds like there is no oil in the engine for several seconds and then quiets right down. Even after dealer changed the oil and filter at 1000 miles the noise is still there. If my dealer can fix the noise before the engine shells out, I'll be very happy with it. I'm sure I won't still have it when the warranty is nearing running out.
Favorite Features
I love the Bluetooth, appearance, ride, handling and the leg room.
Suggested Improvements
Most people don't drive 20,000 miles a year, The powertrain warranty should be for 10 years or 100,000 miles. I hear the 2.4L engine has a lot of noise complaints, maybe someone could improve the engine.
By arveejay
on 06/06/11 04:48 AM (PDT)

Just a follow up. I had the cam actuators replaced at 1600 miles under warranty. The dealer had the car 4 days. 3 days after the repair the noise returned and is louder than it originally was. It is going back to dealer today and I've already been told they don't know what to do about the noise or how to correct it. The car now has 2100 miles on it.