Car looks great, but drives horribly
By videomanfx on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I should have listened to Car and Driver Magazine. The article talked about the Equinox being "faster" for Zero to 60 mph, but the Kia Sorento rides better. Well, thinking like a "man", I chose the Equinox because guys like speed. I did a test drive and did not notice anything odd. But, I later found out that it was because all of the roads around the dealership are smooth! You cannot tell how a car really handles until you take it off the lot. I have only owned my vehicle for 2 months, but every single day, I feel EVERY crack and bump in the road. I complained to the dealer and they stated that it was normal. The car looks good buy rides horribly. The suspension is horrible.
Favorite Features
I love the exterior; it looks "mean". I love the interior; it's so spacious. My 6'7 friend can comfortably in the back seat, even with the front seat pushed back.
Suggested Improvements
Better suspension.
By darda71
on 06/15/11 08:38 AM (PDT)

I purchase a 2011 Sorento March 2010 as well after looking at the Equinox... Only reason I chose the sorento was I received a better deal.. but I regret it because the Sorento ride is the worst suv ride ever.. Many rattles inside the car... I am not sure I would choose the Sorento again.

By kimcar23
on 06/10/11 13:55 PM (PDT)

I have a 2011 Sorento that I bought in March 2010 and the ride is HORRIBLE. My whole car shakes when you go over a bump. My back seat shakes so bad you hear the ice hitting the side of a cup in the drink holder. I am not sure what Sorento Car and Driver drove but my Sorento SUCKS in the ride department.