Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

MPG not expected
By heresmyopinion

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car thinking GM was building better more fuel efficient automobiles. Had the car for a year now and all I can say is I should have bought the subaru, it's a proven car where the Equinox hasn't proven anything yet. Love the design inside and out, quality is ok but for power and gas milage it's a HUGE dissapointment. With 21,000 miles we haven't seen better than 23mpg (thats all highway) and average around 21mpg. My wife test drove the car so I never felt the power until we brought it home, feels underpowered to say the least. And there's alot of rattling going on in the back. This car is however very quiet and comfortable, a fun little suv to drive. If ur buying for mpg, don't.

Design Comfort Handling

MPG Power Materials used Fit and Finish

Great Suv to Look At
By robgrv

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Engine had lots of power and ran well new till it got about 300 miles and then it started "fishing" GM's words. they replaced cam censors. Then it ran good for awhile and then started again. The more miles I put on it the worse it is getting. GM won't fix

Styling, comfort, handling.

Better engineering of engine.

Poor gas mileage
By darlenem

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Equinox new on January 1st. 2011. I have approx. 13,000 miles on it. I like almost everything about the vehicle except the gas mileage. I researched SUV's for several months before deciding on this one. My main buying point was that it had to have good gas mileage. This one said it had 27/32. I am lucky to get 26, and that is on the highway driving on a flat road with nothing but myself in the car. I've checked the mileage every time I fill it up; it's never gotten better than 26. I was told it would get better mileage after I had my first oil change.
This is a lie on Chevy's part. I wouldn't have bought the car if I'd known that was the absolute best it would ever get.

I like the looks of the car, it's comfortable and it's really roomy. I really like the automatic opener on the trunk. The sunroof is a nice feature, but you really can't look out of it unless you tilt your head back pretty far. Kind of hard to do while driving. I like the looks of the control panel, but I find it very hard to get the air conditioning vents adjusted right. The last couple of times I've started it, it sounds really bad, guess it's time to go back to the dealer. Other than bad gas mileage, it's a pretty nice car.

More padding on the rear hatch, mine started sqeeking around 10,000 miles. They put more padding in it a couple months ago and it's starting to do it again. Better gas mileage would be really nice, especially with the prices skyrocketing now.

Lots of features, disappointing MPG
By angieb25

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Equinox for about a year now and have had no problems.
It drives smooth.
It's roomy.
I like how the back seat slides back and forth, so you can add room where you need it.
I like how the sunroof slides AND tilts.
I really like having a USB port.
It makes it so easy to listen to my music.
The rearview camera is very helpful, and almost neccesary.
The stereo sounds good too, but you may have to adjust it to your liking.
I like the fact that I was able to go 8,000 miles before I needed an oil change. And even though I don't have AWD, it handles the snow and ice well.

Bluetooth for phone, USB port, sliding back seat, rearview camera.

They should have a setting that automatically turns on the defrost when you use the remote start. They already have a setting that automatically turns on the a/c, so why not one for defrost too? The gas mileage is a little disappointing. I drive about 85% highway and only get 25 MPG overall. They should change their advertised estimated MPG.

Only 4 payments down and been to the shop 3 times! GARBAGE!!!
By tturlich

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought mine in July and not even two weeks later the car would randomly shut off when DRIVING! Then after about a month or so it would make load noises when starting up. Brought to dealership three times and all they did was put 250 miles on it driving it around to see why it stops rather can contacting someone who might know what to do. Now yesterday I went to start the vehicle and it wouldnt even start! Let me remind you I bought it brand new and have only had it since July! One more time to the shop and you better believe I will be contacting a lawyer for a Lemon Law! This is my first new vehicle and my last from GM. My honda accord had 170,000 miles and I never even once had a problem.