Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Very good car!
By red_rider

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought an LT2 V6 Equinox. I've had this car for a few months now and am still enjoying it. Just the right amount of hp and torque to go through the yellow lights and entering the highway. Averaging about 19.6 mpg each tank, which beats my old car at 15mpg.

I noticed this car came with Michelin tires, which are pretty much the best tires to have. I especially love the sunroof and blue tooth features.

Regret buying
By sweetswife

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After driving a Lexus RX350, I wanted a similiar size vehicle w/ better gas mileage and lower payments. I definitely got the lower payments, but was suckered on the gas mileage. Lexus got around 22 mpg & after driving the Equinox 10 months now, I'm lucky to get 24mpg. I even bought the 4 cyl to improve gas mileage and this was also a huge mistake b/c it has absolutely no power. Visiblility is horrible in the rear and side. Interior controls for door locks aren't even on the doors, which is very awkward. Cruise control switch is also poorly placed on the steering wheel and very easy to accidently switch off when driving. I'm already looking to sell this vehicle and go back to an import

The exterior look, great Pioneer sound system

re-design door lock placement on interior panel, improve side visibility, stop claiming up to 34 mpg. This is definitely false advertising

Gas Mileage and 4 cylinder engine performance
By 58tr3

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded a 350 hp hemi dodge truck on the 180 hp AWD LT2 Equinox. While there there is a big difference in engine performance between the two vehicles, the Equinox 4 banger is still quite peppy. I read that others have said the car is slow from a dead start and that is true unless you really give the throttle a good mash. More throttle produces much more response. My biggest gripe is that 3,780 lb, 180 hp engine is averaging only 21.5 mpg. The 6,000+ lb, 350 hp hemi multidisplacement engine was not far behind this with 18-19 mpg. My wife's Jeep Liberty V6 averages more than the Equinox. Although fun to drive, I am disappointed in the gas mileage.

Styling, road handling with AWD

The LT2 speaker system does not seem to have much fidelity unless volume is cranked up. Add an internal control to open rear hatch.

Nice Vehicle
By jeffskiing

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a LT2 with the V6 engine. I've had it for about a week now, and love it. It handles very well, and the interior quality is very good. The steering wheel controls take some getting used to, but are great! I have had several compliments on the car.

Ability to answer cell phone through the vehicle, lots of headroom (I am a taller guy), handling and driving comfort, looks and styling of the vehicle.

The V6 tends to shift a lot on hills (I would expect that more from the 4 cylinder, but the dealer told me it was due to it being a 6 speed automatic). The sound quality of the Pioneer system is good, I expected it to be better than it was.

Eh...
By dja3

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the Equinox AWD LT1 4CYl for 3 weeks now and sadly, as time goes on I'm less and less in love with it. The most disappointing part is the power; this vehicle is SLOW. It's most noticeable when taking off at a red light, engine revs like crazy and I'm left in the dust of the cars in front of me. Not too bad on the HWY from 60-70, but merging is difficult at best. The interior has many little "misdesigns" that add up quickly. The air vents are slim and oddly placed, so the car stays pretty hot. The dash is very "plastic fantastic" with no color or texture variance. Rear seat fold latch location is inconvenient. For the money, I think there are many better options. Disappointed.

Great Looking!! Chevy offers the Onstar and My Chevy apps - handy.

More capable engine, more competitive standard options, better interior design/materials.