Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Most Helpful|
Love it - LOVE IT - but wait, the check engine light just came on...
By t4r4me

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

At 7800 miles I was driving to pick up a Pizza tonight thinking I should write a review on how much I love this Equinox. But on the ride home the check engine light came on and it stalled! I really do love this SUV. The styling and materials are top notch for the price. I love the handling and it is clear there are European underpinnings being used. It is very surefooted. I like the transmission and it makes good use of the 4 cylinder.

Favorite Features

Seats, interior styling, transmission, bakes, leather wrapped steering wheel, wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Weird sticking on steering at high speeds. You know when you make minute adjustments on the highway? Well sometimes the wheel feels like it sticks. Other than that I love this car - but then again - ask me after the dealer checks out the check engine light...

This vehicle has no power
By angrychevy

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Been in the shop 2 times and is not recommended. It has no power and now the worst part is that the dealer cannot fix my issue. Day 5 and I'm still waiting. They are not even sure how to fix it. It is a 2011 so how can they not know how to fix and program a BCM???? WOW GM! GOOD JOB, I WILL NOT BE RECOMMENDING YOU TO OTHERS!

Favorite Features

NONE! NO POWER!

Suggested Improvements

BE ABLE TO SERVICE THE VEHICLE WHEN IT IS DOWN

Good car to own.
By topg3ar

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i purchased a LT2 2011 Chevy Equinox AWD 4cylander which is 1 step under the v6 a few months ago pre-owned , ive had it for a few months now and have no issue with it , mechanically the vehicle runs perfect , basically fully loaded just not a v6 power , over all its a really great car for new family.

Favorite Features

review camera , heats seats, sunroof, power everything, fog lights , also has the tow package , well designed interior , premium audio sound w/ sub woofer, back seats tilt and move forward or back, heated exterior mirrors, and much more .

Suggested Improvements

air vents cant get good airflow the way they are placed , 4 cylinder w/ AWD is nice But .. it is very sluggish and slow at start off .

Why Chevy Still Doesn't Get It
By dhoff457

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2011 Equinox and loved it - until yesterday. Five months old and the car simply died - while driving on the highway at 60 mph. Not what you'd expect from a new car - stuff happens but what happened next clarifies why with all the gains they've made, Chevy has a LONG way to go when it comes to understanding and serving their customer. When we the car died, we were able to pull over and call OnStar. They remotely diagnosed the issue (power train and transmission problems). But at this point they told us we needed to call ahead to the dealer to let them know we were getting towed there and they would not forward their diagnosis info to the dealer ("they'll run their own").

Suggested Improvements

To follow up my review - when a five month old car dies, I feel CHEVY should be helping to mitigate our experience in any way they reasonably can; they should have called the dealer and informed them of the issues they had initially diagnosed. Then we found out we couldn't get a loaner car for at least 24 hours until the dealer diagnoses the problem! My friend who owns a used Mercedes gets a free loaner when he brings the car for something as simple as an oil change! He's in the market for a new car - I'd been pushing him to consider a Chevy; after hearing our experience, he's now crossed it off his list.

7 payments down & 8 trips to the dealer for repair
By grace_d_jr

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love the car for every day use due to the value and style of the equinox. However, we have had several issues with our chevy. Started with a check engine light with less then 2K on the clock, (3K) loud noises upon start up, (9K) steering wheel felt like it would "lock up" while driving, rough idel, interior parts and molding not fitting/working. Chevy refused to extend warranty nor would they assist with a trade in towards a new Equinox...it says a lot about a product when the mfg will not stand behind it and give an additional 3 yr warranty. As far as the MPG goes...it has been pretty close to the 22MPG listed in town driving.

Favorite Features

Looks great. Lots of leg room in front and back seats. plenty of cargo space for a family of 3.

Suggested Improvements

Stand behind your product and offer a longer warranty!