Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Poor investment
By teddy21

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As far as the ride quillity, it was a great hwy car , fit and trim great, room was also good. But when a car company developes A car company you think they would test this engine for problems, leaks, burning oil, ruff idle and so on.

Favorite Features

Navigation,road handling, looks, quite ,room

Suggested Improvements

Its simple make sure if put a new car on the road it is rellable , gets close to the advertise mpg and when you do this you will have return customer,that will tell other people about the great cheve. Sorry poor speller.

2011 Equinox 6 cylnder
By vlies

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was very unhappy to bring my car in, it showed on the car computer that it back fired on all cylinders by they were not able to determine why. Why have the computer code if it doesn't tell you the reason. This is the second time this Equinox has been in for problems with similar issues in the last year, it only has 24,000 miles on it. If this coninues, it will likely be the last GM vehicle that I buy again, and it has 20 years since I purchased an american company car. It makes me sad to give up on the American Auto industry. They should have simply tried some things such as new spark plugs, fuel flush, retiminig the car, whatever. I felt that would have been at least some action. The prop

MPG not like advertised
By selenalockwood

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got the load down LTZ with the DVD and Nav. I love all the features! My only complain is the horrible gas mileage. I drive both city and hwy daily and I average 21.5 MPG. That is not even what they advertise for city and no where close to the 32 Hwy. I was hoping to average about 28 since thats what I averaged with my old Lexus with similar specs. I was told to let the engine get broke in first before I said anything but Im at 11,500 miles and it never got better. Other than that its a great car!

Favorite Features

Hard drive, DVD player with headphones, auto lift truck

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage and there are to many buttons.

Why pay that much for poor mileage...
By akpk

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought our 2011 Equinox in November 2010. Complained about the gas mileage from the start and could not get any answers. Now has over 15,000 miles and we drive all flat highway and still can not get over 25 mpg. Supposed to get up to 600 miles to the tank at it's best, but when we drive non-stop all flat highway and still can't get over 425 miles, it is very upsetting. Love the look of the car inside and out, but unfortunately the low mpg trumps all this and wish we would've gone with a different suv.

not getting 32 MPG
By sjshouston

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

we purchased our Equinox LTZ LTZ Brownstone interior, white exterior five months ago . Looks great and has lots of features. However, after 4,800 miles we are only getting 21.7 mpg average. I should have believed others who purchased the Equinox and complained about the MPG. We even took the 4 cylinder to avoid less MPG. Boy, were we suckers. I probabaly should have gone with Hyundai. It's not a performance engine but its not too bad on 4 hour trips, again except MPG. if you're looking for good gas mileage look somewhere else.

Favorite Features

seat memory for 2 drivers settings, the navigation system and the upscale Pioneer stero system.

Suggested Improvements

change the advertized MPG for highway