2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Poor investment
By teddy21 on 04/28/14 09:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As far as the ride quillity, it was a great hwy car , fit and trim great, room was also good. But when a car company developes A car company you think they would test this engine for problems, leaks, burning oil, ruff idle and so on.

2011 Equinox 6 cylnder
By vlies on 04/30/13 17:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was very unhappy to bring my car in, it showed on the car computer that it back fired on all cylinders by they were not able to determine why. Why have the computer code if it doesn't tell you the reason. This is the second time this Equinox has been in for problems with similar issues in the last year, it only has 24,000 miles on it. If this coninues, it will likely be the last GM vehicle that I buy again, and it has 20 years since I purchased an american company car. It makes me sad to give up on the American Auto industry. They should have simply tried some things such as new spark plugs, fuel flush, retiminig the car, whatever. I felt that would have been at least some action. The prop

MPG not like advertised
By selenalockwood on 07/19/11 10:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got the load down LTZ with the DVD and Nav. I love all the features! My only complain is the horrible gas mileage. I drive both city and hwy daily and I average 21.5 MPG. That is not even what they advertise for city and no where close to the 32 Hwy. I was hoping to average about 28 since thats what I averaged with my old Lexus with similar specs. I was told to let the engine get broke in first before I said anything but Im at 11,500 miles and it never got better. Other than that its a great car!

Why pay that much for poor mileage...
By akpk on 07/13/11 20:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought our 2011 Equinox in November 2010. Complained about the gas mileage from the start and could not get any answers. Now has over 15,000 miles and we drive all flat highway and still can not get over 25 mpg. Supposed to get up to 600 miles to the tank at it's best, but when we drive non-stop all flat highway and still can't get over 425 miles, it is very upsetting. Love the look of the car inside and out, but unfortunately the low mpg trumps all this and wish we would've gone with a different suv.

not getting 32 MPG
By sjshouston on 07/13/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

we purchased our Equinox LTZ LTZ Brownstone interior, white exterior five months ago . Looks great and has lots of features. However, after 4,800 miles we are only getting 21.7 mpg average. I should have believed others who purchased the Equinox and complained about the MPG. We even took the 4 cylinder to avoid less MPG. Boy, were we suckers. I probabaly should have gone with Hyundai. It's not a performance engine but its not too bad on 4 hour trips, again except MPG. if you're looking for good gas mileage look somewhere else.

Loving my Equinox!!
By 4hotrod on 06/28/11 15:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Equinox on May 31st. This is after 2 yrs of test drives & reading reviews. We had it narrowed down to the Hyundai Tucson and the Equinox, we even drove them both to the same place for side by side comparison. I just turned over 3000 miles and average 27-28 mpg combined city and hwy. I anticipate that it will keep improving as it breaks in more. I drive 140 miles a day round trip to work and the comfort is unbelievable, rear leg room is amazing and I like being able to increase the storage in the back my simply moving the seat forward a little bit. Minor body adjust was needed in rear quarter panel after 200 mile, due to squeaking noise but all else is perfect.

DO NOT BUY FOR GAS MILAGE
By txasrodie50 on 06/21/11 15:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Equinox for over 6 months now and have yet to see a 32mpg. It has been more like 24 . I had a large SUV and went down in size for gas milage. Wish I had my big SUV back. Iam probably only getting maybe 5 miles to the gal more, that is on the highway, and I have given up alot of room and a comfortable ride. No rear air in 100 degree weather in Texas is not good either. On the plus side, it is good looking, and easier to park.

Poor Gas Mileage
By farmerb8 on 03/03/11 13:43 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the Equinox because of its reviews here at Edmunds. I bought the 4 cylinder version with just front wheel drive so that I could get the best fuel economy that the Equinox offers. I just took it on its first long trip, from Ohio to Florida. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The advertised 32 mpg in reality was 23 mpg. How can the car companies advertise 32 and in reality it is 23? I can see 2-3 mpg differences due to driving habits but how can it be 9 mpg different? My 2005 Impala got 32mpg on the same trip. My 2007 Impala got 26mpg. Now my Equinox gets 23mpg. The Equinox is great in all other aspects.

High Mileage is a Farce!!!
By jdk14 on 02/18/11 16:15 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new Equinox, but am very very disappointed in the "so-called" 31mpg. I opted for the 4-cylinder engine and FWD instead of AWD to extend my wallet at the gas pump. Turns out I now receive MUCH less gas mileage than I did in my previous car which was an Impala with a 6-cylinder engine. If I knew then what I know now, my trade would NOT have been the same. After reading all of the suckers online who join me with the same problem, I believe it's time that GM pays up! I won't give up till they give me an answer and solution to my new gas hog.

poor gas mileage
By sonnyh777 on 02/13/11 12:37 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed with the gas mileage. I took a trip to Florida on straight flat roads and could only get 23 mpg. It had 4800 miles when I took the trip. I am used to getting 32/34 mpg on my 2006 Impala and it was a 6 cyl. The only reason I selected the Equinox was for the advertised great gas mileage. We had planned on taking a road trip around the country, however, with this mileage we will have to cancel. I wish I had kept my Impala!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$112 per month*