Learn how to drive a manual
By tacitus7 on
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
This month I purchased a gas Cruze Eco with the six speed manual. I just filled up the tank and checked the gas mileage. I got 39 mpg! That was all around driving, although the majority was highway. Then I drove 98 miles all highway at 62 mph, twice aggressively passing and negotiating some hills. I filled up and it only took 2 gallons! 49 mpg! I am very happy so far. It handles well and isn't underpowered. My 2004 impala 3.8 which I traded in for this had a better ride and more passing power, but I don't think I lost much in these areas. I am very happy. My advice: learn how to use a manual:>)
Favorite Features
I really enjoy the manual. I find I can "cruze" at 30 in fourth, and at 40 in fifth and at 50 in sixth very nicely when in town and not needing to accelerate. Othewise, I shift at higher speeds. I am 6'2" and feel very comfortable. I appeciate the big trunk. I also find it to be very quiet on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
I can't think of any. I'm just hoping the ground clearance is sufficient for the snow in Wisconsin. But then of course, that is what my 1999 Jeep Wrangler is for.