2008 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Lemon
By apovolotski on 06/21/13 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

8 months into the purchase, I begin to believe that I've got a lemon. Currently, it is broken down and has been here and there throughout the tenure. Here is the chronological order of things that broke down: 1. Handle holder on the roof (the one that you hold on to to get in and out of the car) -- was hammered in -- easy fix. 2. Front seat plastic backing was hanging -- clamp was off -- easy fix. 3. Muffler was rumbling, weird noise level up -- clamp was off -- easy fix. 4. Engine chugging -- spark plug replaced. 5. Back seats rattling wildly and violently at high speeds -- wheel balancing did not solve the problem -- still rattle. 6. Power steering and pump failed. 7.Chugging bad

SRX w/20' Sport Package - runs great, looks great
By dsowa on 06/01/12 22:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a used black 2008 V6 SRX with 28K miles this year. I added the 20-inch sport wheels and it looks fantastic from any angle. Must have been pampered by the former owner as it's nearly flawless after over four years. I wish I had the Ultraview sunroof, but it's one less thing to break in the long run. Potential buyers beware of water leaks around the back hatch that leave water in the tire jack storage well. It's an expensive fix (700+$), and that's if you catch it early and there's no other damage. Other than that one problem, I love this car.

Wow! My dream car
By caddyboy2012 on 05/11/12 22:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my SRX since mars and I love it. The fuel economy not so bad for a truck. The performance is great. I love drive my SRX4 :)

Great Vehicle, Bad Transmission
By wrrjr on 04/12/11 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the vehicle used three months ago and love the way it drives on long distances. However with only 56000 the transmission burned out all of the clutches. I had taken it to the dealer but they told me is was a computer issue. It wasn't so the out of town dealer had to completely rebuild the transmission while on vacation. Day after repair we drove it 1100 miles home without a problem. Got 22 mpg on highway at 74 mph. We love the Cadillac.

My last GM
By Joe on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Took over the lease at 20K and had way too many trips to the dealer. 2 sets of rear breaks, 1 set of front, sunroof too many time to mention. engine light for no reason, and timing chain twice, also road noise on the highway was ridiculous. For a car of this level this is totally unacceptable. I have always owned GMs but I think this might be my last, I think I will check out the Lincoln's or Acura.

WOW!
By David on 11/27/09 13:13 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My wife talked me into buying this car and I am tottally pleased. Handling, Gas mileage and powerful are three good reason to buy.

It's really an SUV
By Rory Boothe on 05/01/09 20:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I get 22 mpg on the highway. My wife loves it and it's the only SUV cross- over that has enough room in the back to really be called an SUV. I'm more comfortable in the SRX than in my truck. It has leg room in the back seat as well. The steering & handling is excellent.

From a 2004 to a 2008
By Tom on 02/24/09 07:16 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2004 SRX and loved it. Considered Lexus, BMW, Lincoln, but went back to an SRX. My wife drives this car almost exclusively but when I drive it is a pure joy. Driving from N.E. Pa to Chicago is not a chore but a great experience.

What an awesome suprise!
By ABO on 02/18/09 14:46 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

As my lease is ending on my 2008 BMW 528I and after driving both Mercedes and BMW for the better part of 10 years..I decided to go American. The SRX that I bought (not leased) is Black on Black 20"chrome wheels, Vogue grille, Nav, panoramic sunroof and more. It drives like a car and has the room I need for weekend trips to Home Depot. I can't believe that I enjoy this vehicle as much as I do, but it truly delivers the best of both worlds.

Love this car
By caddyfan on 02/10/09 03:18 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

There is nothing not to like. I have owned Honda and Toyota for years and thought it was time to 'buy American." This car has needed nothing other than one oil change. Reliability is excellent, despite the reviews. This car is a well kept secret.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.