2007 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Review: First American full size SUV

2007 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (6.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

First American full size SUV
By Lucas on

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I sold my 2003 Infiniti Coupe for an 2007 Escalade fully loaded Black on Black with 60k miles for about $32k plus taxes and fees. I rented an 2009 from Hertz in Feb and I just had to have one of my own. This is a weekend car. I am 26yo, engaged and I wanted a car to sit 7 people. I got the extended warranty on it. Gas mileage in NYC driving is roughly 280 miles on 22gal without AC or spirited driving. Wind noise can be heard above 65MPH. At start-ups the rear back on the truck makes loud noise (electrical?) for about 30 seconds. But besides that it is great on the road, uneven pavement, and pot holes. Mine has the 18" chrome wheel but I am looking to upgrade to the stock 22".

Backup camera, Navigation, XM, power lift gate, projector headlights, power folding mirrors, mini-van like capabilities without the mini-van styling, and interior design.

Dual audio control. If passenger present in the front seat the audio motion lock should disarm.