Used 2008 Buick Enclave CXL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Never Buy GM Again
By mgarner1234

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this 2008 Enclave less than a month ago. Brought it in for a slight humming noise at low speed. After "evaluation" they wanted over $2000.00 to "fix" everything. Owned a Toyota that had over 216000 miles and never had to put $2000 in to "fix" it. The Buick has less than 60000 miles. Called and spoke to the service manager at McKinney Buick as they wanted 50% more than a standard repair shop and they will not budge on their over priced repairs. Then they wanted us to pay for a loaner car for the week it took them to diagnose the problems. Any other shop could diagnose and fix in 1-2 days. I have always owned Toyota's and know I remember why. If you value $$$ stay away from GM/Buick.

Favorite Features

3rd Row

Suggested Improvements

Quality and design are lacking when it comes to any Japanese designed car.

$ 48,000.00 Mistake
By jasongr

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2008 Buick Enclave in late 2007. It was My wife's dream vehicle until the problems began i.e. Sunroof leaking,trans slipping,rattlle in rear drivers side,liftgate opens on it's own,service airbags light on twice, traction contol light on twice, reduced power on the highway three times,steering wheel rubbing noise,service stability light on,left front stabilizer is loose,air conditioning has been serviced twice for leaking and noise,front shocks replaced,brake rubbing noise,power steering pump leaking,front timing cover gasket leaking,right rear door weather stripping coming loose,noise while driving 50-60 mph on highway.washer heater causes fires, Don't buy this vehicle!

Favorite Features

Drive's like a caddy. Comfortable, large enough for the whole family, Good gas mileage, when it is not in the shop for repair's or sitting in our driveway with a bad transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Do Not buy a first year production model vehicle from Buick, Ever!

Don't Walk Away... RUN
By dblanchf

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle brand new in 2008. Thank God it came with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty because we used it. Tires wore quickly even with Michellins and averaged about $1300.00 to replace. Brakes and rotors needed to be replaced and that was just under $1000. I thought that was outrageous until I've heard of people paying more than that for brakes! To top it all off, transmission failed on the freeway at 73,000 going up north with NO warning. Luckily it was covered by warranty, but even the technician said to get rid of it as soon as the warranty expires. I am a believer in the saying "you get what you pay for." Not with this car. Save yourself the hassle, stress, and money.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, cargo space, safety.

Suggested Improvements

Discontinue it and start over...

2008 enclave worth a sac of potatos
By 100334665

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My husband bought this car for far more than it is worth, the sunroof leaks water directly into the fuse box which corrodes the relays causing the gages and all the electrical system to shut down. On a 200 mile trip smoke was coming out from the interior and smelled like burnt wires. Took it to the dealership several times only to have them say it is not covered by the warranty or that they cant find a problem. Now at 74000+ miles the transmission has given out. Thank God for the extended warranty. Service engine light comes on and off as it pleases. Had it serviced and the Service Stabilitrak and the Traction Control lights came on. Not worth the money being spent. Save yourself the stress

Favorite Features

This vehicle is visually appealing very nicely designed but not worth the money and stress. Vehicle doesn't drive on looks and the engine,wiring and the transmission were all poorly engineered.

Steering noise
By txhawgfan50

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am losing confidence in my 08 Enclave after 2 fairly expensive and out of warranty repairs. Aug 2013- I notice an intermittent whining noise while driving. Take care in and tell mechanic I think brake pad wear indicators are responsible and viola-I need front and rear brake replacement at a cost of $900. Well, I think, at least the whine ill be gone. But no! The whine returns and is more frequent. Then I notice a clear, oily leak towards left rear of car. Take car in and viola- I need rack and pinion replacement on a car with 83,000 miles. This repair comes in at $1100 and not under warranty. This steering issue seems to be a theme with the 08 Enclave. Will never buy GM again!