Used 2008 Buick Enclave CXL Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

WHAT A MISTAKE!
By The Sarge

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a used 2008 Buick Enclave CXL. It was well maintained and clean. My first trip out of town I got a warning that the transmission was hot and it needed to be idled. I did this several times on my trip hoping that it would not leave me stranded. Luckily, the trip was only 50 miles. I called Buick and they advised me that the warranty had expired. I took the vehicle to a local Buick dealership which could not find anything wrong with the transmission. I then took the vehicle to another dealership and they did discover a problem with the trans. I called customer service about this issue and was given nothing but the runaround. After speaking to 2 "senior service advisors" I was still in the same spot. The Buick is still at the dealership waiting to get repaired (about $3000). To top things off, I received a follow-up call from Buick. Why? they never assisted me on anything. Stay away from this SUV and any other Buick product unless you have extra $$$ and a whole lot of patience and time.

never buy a 2008
By bummedcustomer

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was so excited, thought i had found my dream car, an answer to not wanting a mini van.
I love the layout of this car, but i swear it is in the shop more than my driveway
Leaks water, has had multiple issues including my power steering suddenly going out on me
hard to handle this big of a car with no power steering!
if it wasn't constantly breaking down or flooding from the rain i would love it
but i literally despise GMC for not recalling the whole car!

Never Buy GM Again
By mgarner1234

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this 2008 Enclave less than a month ago. Brought it in for a slight humming noise at low speed. After "evaluation" they wanted over $2000.00 to "fix" everything. Owned a Toyota that had over 216000 miles and never had to put $2000 in to "fix" it. The Buick has less than 60000 miles. Called and spoke to the service manager at McKinney Buick as they wanted 50% more than a standard repair shop and they will not budge on their over priced repairs. Then they wanted us to pay for a loaner car for the week it took them to diagnose the problems. Any other shop could diagnose and fix in 1-2 days. I have always owned Toyota's and know I remember why. If you value $$$ stay away from GM/Buick.

3rd Row

Quality and design are lacking when it comes to any Japanese designed car.

$ 48,000.00 Mistake
By jasongr

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2008 Buick Enclave in late 2007. It was My wife's dream vehicle until the problems began i.e. Sunroof leaking,trans slipping,rattlle in rear drivers side,liftgate opens on it's own,service airbags light on twice, traction contol light on twice, reduced power on the highway three times,steering wheel rubbing noise,service stability light on,left front stabilizer is loose,air conditioning has been serviced twice for leaking and noise,front shocks replaced,brake rubbing noise,power steering pump leaking,front timing cover gasket leaking,right rear door weather stripping coming loose,noise while driving 50-60 mph on highway.washer heater causes fires, Don't buy this vehicle!

Drive's like a caddy. Comfortable, large enough for the whole family, Good gas mileage, when it is not in the shop for repair's or sitting in our driveway with a bad transmission.

Do Not buy a first year production model vehicle from Buick, Ever!

Don't Walk Away... RUN
By dblanchf

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle brand new in 2008. Thank God it came with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty because we used it. Tires wore quickly even with Michellins and averaged about $1300.00 to replace. Brakes and rotors needed to be replaced and that was just under $1000. I thought that was outrageous until I've heard of people paying more than that for brakes! To top it all off, transmission failed on the freeway at 73,000 going up north with NO warning. Luckily it was covered by warranty, but even the technician said to get rid of it as soon as the warranty expires. I am a believer in the saying "you get what you pay for." Not with this car. Save yourself the hassle, stress, and money.

Comfortable ride, cargo space, safety.

Discontinue it and start over...