Used 2011 BMW X6 Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW X6 - Consumer Reviews

2011 BMW X6

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

You better get the extended warranty
By london

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Before you buy a X5 - X6 drive model, you better check out the extended warranty. My 2011 BMW X6 with only 55K miles is currently at the dealership to have the drive shaft / transfer case repaired . If not for my extended warranty on the car, I would be out $5,000 to $7,000. I got lucky this time, but with less than a year left on the extended warranty, I'm now serioulsy thinking about trading my car in. This most likely will be first and last BMW, love the car, but hate the cost of repairs cost. Last year, I spent $1700 to have the front and rear brake pads replace.

It ain't the "Leave it to Beaver" family car
By brinson

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I’m 50 y/o, been married some 29 plus years and through the marriage the newest cars has always gone to the wife until now. Arriving at that new family cycle stage when the children have grown up left home and mini-van has out lived it usefulness. Hence the BMW X6 the next generation “MAN TOYS”; three words to describe it; exclusive, powerful, and stylist. The X6 is not a “Leave it to Beaver” family car but for those who are already to accelerate and say wee through the next stage in life. Weekends the wife and I will just on spur of a moment pack a small bag and hit the road and ride, this car is truly a joy to drive. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The run flats tires; you keep going and going and going.

Buy the road hazard warranty, I didn’t and it cost me $570 to replace one of the run flat tire (nail in the size wall).

My snow car is a fun car
By guitar39

2011 BMW X6 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had MGs, TR-3, Barracudas, BMW m-coupe, Tesla Roadster Sport -- and none are more fun than the BMW X-6. It rides absolutely flat and smooth (the computer reads and regulates the shocks in microseconds), torque-vectoring kicks the rear end around coming out of a corner, and the performance is exciting. It also gets me home up 2000 feet in five miles, around 42 turns, in 4 inches of snow. It will outdrive any SUV including Porsche. When I ran it in an autocross (nobody autocrosses SUVs) I won my class and came in 26th overall -- on snow tires. Don't believe any of the junk you read about this car. It's brilliant.

Projection of unique characteristic
By carbonproject

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had this car for just about a year now. 2010 model. I use this car to commute and Everywhere I go get a head turn from other people. You may call me an attention seeker. Yes, I enjoy people's stares on my vehicle.
In fact, this car offers differentiation from other car owners. I personally think BMW's attempt of making a SAC was pretty bold move, yet succesful one.
This car drives like sports sedan and has high view, offers good horse power and torque, but my favorite is the look.
I have to say this car isn't for everyone. This car is for the people who's willing to spend money to differentiate oneself from others.

Good high speed with stability. Air cool seat, butt massaging driver seat(although it could be more thorough touching), Big side mirrors, top-down view, Sexy look

Bigger rims for a starter; maybe 20" then optional 21". Consumer's choice for the tires(performance or runflat) for the bundle rims. Better GPS navigation(this needs to be done), Free upgrades for the GPS navigation upgrade. $250 upgrade each time is just not acceptable living in a world of digital era. Better fuel efficiency.

It makes sense continued...
By goonvii

2011 BMW X6 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

The X6 is a sports car for car enthusiasts who want to drive the car 12 months per year, including snowy months, who need extra room for luggage. Really, fold down those two back seats and you have a two seater with LOADS of space.

You have that high seating and massive weight so your wife, bless her soul, isn't going to pee in her pants every time you pass a truck.

The car is fast, luxurious and for my needs, eminently practical.

The only con is fuel economy.

Dave

Size, handling, power, luxury.