2012 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:
2012 X3 M Fully Loaded WOW WOW WOW!
By mouserdiver on 02/03/12 02:55 AM (PST)

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We are having an addition to the family so it was time to upgrade from the Mini Cooper. Baby number 3 is on the way. I have always wanted the X5 the one that seats 7. When it came out in 2007 I waited and waited so that I could buy a fully loaded used one. The one I wanted brand new was 90,000.00 but I was 22 and there was just no way at that age. Im 28 now, and baby number 3 on the way I went to my usual BMW dealership and saw the fully loaded X3 M. I thought. What the heck Ill just drive it and pretend I can have it. Its been a month and a half and I LOVE IT. I cant take corners in it like the mini but it will do. (I kept the mini anyway) Its luxury.

Great Choice
By intejer on 01/05/12 13:32 PM (PST)

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I'll preface my review in that this is my 3rd BMW. Each time I've gone to find a car, I have done an exhaustive analysis with spreadsheets multiple test drives and comparison figures recorded. Let's face it, cars aren't cheap and we should be happy with our choice after the deal is done and we drive off the lot. On each search, while the BMW wasn't the winner for all of the categories it had the best combination of features/performance and price that I was looking for. My advise, order one, and you can still work your dealers over and you can get a much better price -- even as good as one already built. Also work them on financing and get the deal you want you'll enjoy the final x3.

Love the car but...
By sgm2012 on 12/29/11 17:53 PM (PST)

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is our first 2012 BMW X3 35i M Sports Package. My husband and I love the car but it drifts right. Even on a flat road the car will veer to the right if you let go of the steering wheel. The dealership had it for a week and came back and said that this was normal for the X3's. Does anyone else's X3 drift to the right? It's very noticeable at high speeds but you can still notice it at lower speeds.

It can't get any better than this.
By vhc on 11/29/11 21:23 PM (PST)

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my 7th BMW and I couldn't be happier. Looks stunning. Drives like a sports car. Comfortable sports seats that hugs you. It's been 300 miles and I'm still getting use to the fun. I had the older X3 and this is night and day. The old x3 drived like a truck and was not comfortable at all. The 2012 model is extremely smooth with its 7 gears.

the most fun to drive suv
By serpal on 11/07/11 21:18 PM (PST)

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

so far 3000 miles of fun driving, no problems, excellent comfort and quality all around, my 5th bmw, great power

Two weeks, four days old and in shop 17 days
By jakepack on 10/24/11 15:12 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Production problems have bedeviled my 2012 X3. Continual drive train error messages/check engine light faults. I have driven a total of maybe 20 miles. It has sat in my dealers service area for 17 days out of the 18 I have owned it. My 5th BMW and quite possibly my last. I traded in a Q5 for this; what a mistake.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 BMW X3 Suv in VA is:

$159 per month*