Bow down, the King has returned!
By impreziv on
2006 BMW M5 4dr Sedan (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)
The BMW M5 has always been the leader of the performance sedan class. Overall, the power, handling, comfort is unsurpassed. My trip to the local dragstrip showed 12.2 in the 1/4mile, finishing at 117mph. Thats faster than all current Lambos, Benz sedans, pre-03 Vipers. The car has yet to disappoint me. but maybe I'm to preoccupied with the performance side to notice anything wrong. If you want supercar-like performance, but need four doors, this is the car for you. If you just want a status-symbol sedan, dont buy it. This car takes a certain breed of driver to appriciate it. It is more of a moneypit than most cars. I have averaged 11mpg, even driving within speed-limits.
Favorite Features
SMG-III shifts like a cannon, or a marshmallow, depending on the setting. Very fast. M-Mode is a blast. Fastest BMW ever made. I-Drive has been improved. Active seat-bolsters are an ABSOLUTE MUST. Options are a very good price compaired to other Euro cars (not mentioning any names, Benz)
Suggested Improvements
7th gear is deep in overdrive. That means no power without downshifting to 4th or 5th. Default settings in the iDrive are completely illogical. (Here's a hint.. turn everything off except A/C. There's total driving bliss.) It would be nice to customize more 'M-mode' settings.