2012 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: My first Bimmer

2012 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

528i Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 8-speed Automatic)

My first Bimmer
By ssi05 on

2012 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Handling is exceptional, no issues with run flat tires as reviews suggest. The car handles bumps very well and corners like a charm. Sport mode makes it handle like a true sports sedan. Even at high speeds (100 mph+), driver feels totally in control of the car. Technology: The Navigation software is buggy and hard to work, I prefer to use my phone over car's GPS. The car is not 100% keyless. You would still need to pull the remote out of your pocket each time you need to lock/unlock the car. The 4 cylinder turbo has a lag and takes some time to get going. Downshifting from 2nd to 1st gear, drivers can definitely feel the minor ‘thud’

bluetooth phone, radio, heated front and back seats. My kids love it in winter.

Fix the 4 cylinder turbo lag, add more torque, add a sunglass holder, fix GPS nav. software. Add buttons to the door so drivers can touch to unlock/lock the car without taking the key out.
By modestomatt
on 05/31/13 15:50 PM (PDT)

Good comment on the key. They make a car that doesn't require you to put the key in the ignition but you still have to take it out of your pocket to push the button to unlock the door. I've been putting my sunglasses in the little compartment under the dash on the left.