2005 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Ready to TRADE!

2005 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

330Ci Coupe (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Ready to TRADE!
By Money Guzzler on

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle in 2008 and 2wks after purchase I had a ton of issues. Had new engine dropped in the car after purchase due to dealership negligence. After the repairs I have had minor issues nothing major. So far I have spent about $500 on repairs not covered under warranty so I consider myself lucky compared to most 3 series owners. Just dropped $800 on new tires and now need an alignment that will total about $240. This car looks nice and rides sweet, but once they go down you're out of luck! The maintenance is absolutely ridiculous and the rear wheel drive is CRAP in snowy weather. So I have decided to trade this money guzzler in for a low maintenance ride.

Sport seats, handling (especially on curves), sound system, horsepower.

What is the large red LED light on rear view for, it's useless and ugly. Also needs about 20 hp more horse :)
By heatherenea93
on 11/22/11 15:12 PM (PST)

I am new to this site. Today well anyways you are very lucky. I have a 2005 325i Bmw like everyone else. When I got it for my birthday it only have 50,000 miles on it and now it still only has 63,000 and thats after coming home from ohio. Anyways When i got mine a few weeks later i had to replace something for the air where they had to pull out the hole dash. Now today i was outside in rain and forgot something after driving it not even 5 miles down the road. Maybe a few blocks if that. And when i got back in to get what i forgot It smelled like something burning maybe even like it was running hot, and when i looked up i seen smoke so i started crying cause its my baby and thought omg popped the hood. There was no smoke coming out from under it what it was, was that the rain was cold hitting the hood and making steam. But still when the drops would fall not on the top of the motor it would drip down past it toward the back it would sizzle. The smell is only coming from the inside you cant smell it on the outside. UGHHH, Anyways yes u got pretty luck we paid 1,200 to fix the air.