2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great Car
By Chris on 08/19/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Simply put, this car is superb. It is a true driver's car as the connection to the road is unmatched and the handling/performance is on point. Purchased used; previous owner did not take proper care of the vehicle so I spent about $1000 to get the car in top shape; his loss, my gain as I got a great deal on the car to begin with. For those complaining about the firm ride, buy a Lexus, you will be much happier; this is not your car. For those complaining about the performance of the 325, it's a 325, what did you expect? Finally, for those complaining about the price and cost to maintain, its a BMW; if you can't appreciate the unparalleled driving experience, go buy an Acura or Infiniti.

I become more impressed each passing day
By Gene on 07/12/10 04:56 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In order to validate BMW's trademark cliche, The Ultimate Driving Machine, you need to sit yourself behind the wheel. The BMW brand is a timeless vehicle that always seem to stay in style much longer than its competitors. I am impressed how easy the 3 series is to drive. The vehicle is so balanced and follows your commands so effortlessly. I have heard some negative remarks about the 3 series. Preventive maintenance is necessary for a vehicle that offers so much. If you do not take care of it than you can't expect excellent reliability. Take care of it and it will not let you down.

Buy it if you are thinking about it
By dbmw on 07/02/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I've ever owned and it performs wonderfully both in town and on the open road.

330i with mp package
By rayc on 10/13/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a dream come true! Excellent power, excellent handling, outstanding braking power. I love this vehicle.

Enjoy the 2005 BMW
By Karl H on 09/21/05 17:55 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned the car for two months and loved it. The handling is incredible and I love the design of the interior. Mileage has been decent and trunk space is decent, although if you are going to have five individuals in the car, I would recommend looking at the Lexus. But, with four or less passengers, this is the perfect entry level luxery car in my opinion. Finally, this is the first time that I have ever driven a rear wheel drive car and that took a little to get used to at first, especially when stopping quickly. But, the RWD is not a big issue in my opinion.

BMW 330i 2005
By Milad on 08/07/05 20:01 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is expensive, but the more you pay the better car you get!!! I could tell that this car is made for youth and its classy. Its superb and it's outstanding specification ( spe. when it comes with SMG gearbox ) can make everyone to be proud of the expense. Overall I love this car, way much more than an old Mercedes.

never understood
By frank on 07/15/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A lot of my biz associates and friends have bmws. I attributed it to some sort of clubby snobbery, and thought Lexus was "it"--until I drove a 330i with the sports pkg. I could not believe the solid driving feel and bed like cornering ability. I got all the toys and find myself driving just for the joy of driving. This week I drove over some concrete in the road and blew a tire and scratched the wheel. I had the foresight to get the insurance for the wheels. Brought it to dealer- no problems, new everything n/c all computers checked and brakes reconfigured. I am a reformed lexite.

Puts the Fun Back in Driving
By TDS on 06/15/05 23:51 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After a very bad experience with faulty brakes on my Infiniti G35, I was looking for a new car. I never expected to find a car that could possibly replace my G, but this is it. It is a tight well made vehicle that really is fun to drive. Due to my job, I log a lot of hours, but this car makes it easy to hit the road again.

Ultimate Driving Machine!!!
By gary on 05/24/05 17:20 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Amazing vehicle! Consider the M Performance Pkg., extra horsepower, plus M3 handling pkg in a 4-door. BIG wheels and tires, firm sport suspension and HUGE brakes makes this a true driver's machine. Haven't had this much fun in years!!! Also, the standard stereo is awful, so consider an upgrade (although the high-end stereo is standard in 2006). Yes, the new 2006 is a great car, but if you can find a "leftover" 2005 with the M Sport or M Performance package, don't miss it!!!

ZHP option is the way to go!!!
By Eduardo on 04/16/05 01:48 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 2004 330i with the ZHP (Performance Package) option. This automobile handles and is more responsive than a stock 330i (even compared to a 330i with the ZSP (Sport Package). The 'M' interior and exterior trim really make this 330i stand above all the other 330i's. The massive Michelin Sport wheels stick to the ground like glue. Cornering is amazing. I LOVE this automobile. A nice balance of performance and styling.