2004 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
German reliability is an oxymoron
By JohnnyBoy on 05/12/07 05:16 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My car with the 6 speed performance package is probably the most fun to drive machine on the road. The handling is superb and the engine growl is great. Ride is a bit stiff, but that should be expected from a true sport sedan. I've had a number of warranty repairs and I sometimes question if I made the right choice. I definitely will dump this car for something more reliable when the warranty is up, even though I'd really like to keep it. The thought of needing to pay the frequent repair bills is frightening.

Brilliant!
By Sabrena on 03/22/07 16:44 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I haven't had this car for too long, but I am in love. I have been researching BMWs for quite a while now and am glad I finally took the plunge. I recommend this cute little luxury car to anyone!

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Omaha Dave on 03/21/07 08:57 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned Porsche, Volvo, Audi, Saab, BMW, Mercedes, VW & am used to superb handling, but this BMW is incredible! I drove it home 500 miles immediately after buying and it was a blast!. Before I bought I did my research and drove Infiniti G35x, MB 320 4matic, Subaru Legacy GT, Volvo S60R and while the others may have more hp and maybe even be a bit faster, none compared to the overall driving experience of the 330xi! There is a lot to be said about the differences in handling with AWD cars built from RWD platforms vs FWD platforms. It may be as smooth and tight as my 82 Porsche 911sc. 27.5 mpg coming home was a huge bonus!

The Perfect Car
By BeemerGuy on 02/27/07 20:36 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have a bad habit of changing out cars every year. But when I found myself in my first 325, I knew that BMW was the company for me. I love these cars, they are amazing.

I love this car!
By Sean Diesel on 02/24/07 03:56 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a true driver's car. It is very fun to drive, has EXCELLENT handling. The engine is powerful and sounds very powerful, and the interior is very stylish and luxurious. This car is the perfect car for a mix between luxury, performance, and economy.

Love this Heavenly Car
By Trish on 01/16/07 23:26 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car so much. It has increased the overall enjoyment of my life. It really has! I get happy when I drive it. It FEELS good... it FEELS good to drive... I mean it FEELS good to drive. There is no other way to say it. When I get pulled over by a cop, I feel like giving him the keys and saying, "Hey, YOU try driving this car under the speed limit! Go ahead!"

Performance Package Makes it Perfect!
By Bryan on 01/07/07 10:13 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for three years now, and there is nothing out there that can match the awesome driving experience of the 330i with Performance Package. The handling is perfect, virtually no understeer and great rotation through the corners. Clutch, shifter, and brakes are the best in class. Interior is laid out perfectly; no frills, and very driver oriented... even better than the redesigned 3 Series. Have had no problems with the car except occasional oil consumption. Quality is outstanding, dealership experience is first-class, and this thing is built like a tank!

Still In Love
By D. on 11/28/06 11:44 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car looks and drives great. The size is perfect for me. My boyfriend has even been offered phone numbers from women while he was out washing my car & NOT his Infiniti G35! Here are the issues I've seen. Driver's door wont open when its raining. My "1-touch" sunroof wont close with 1 touch, I have to hold the button. Molding peels in South Florida heat. Trunk button in the car doesn't works. The biggest issue is the height of the car. I know it helps with stability & avoiding rollover but new & potential owners: ALWAYS BACK YOUR 3-SERIES IN WHEN THERE IS A CEMENT STOPPER! Its the only way to go. I've replaced my front bumper cover twice.

'04 330 Sport 6speed
By Butler on 10/23/06 22:24 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW Certified with 26k miles. Driving to work has never been so fun (even with traffic and a manual transmission)! The sport suspension is a bit stiff but not M3 stiff. Mileage is good (22 in city driving and 31.5 on highway; the 6th gear really does well for road trips). Corners like a go-cart; you point it, it goes there. Stereo system needs to be totally revamped; limited improvement by adjusting controls. Very noticeable tire noise with OEM Continentals (I look forward to changing them). Very clean, classy interior layout. Sport suspension, low profile tires and front facing give a very athletic look. Short throw shifter is a hoot. Small car, so spend some time in it prior to buying.

Excellent All Round Fun Car
By 3rm on 09/18/06 17:37 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best all round performance and fun for the money. Would like more HP, but absolutely fun everytime you are behind the wheel. Pluses - handling, style, fun factor. Minuses - don't like the stereo, heater display washes out in sun, some go out in cold. Seats wearing prematurely driver side. Pricey extras like CD changer which is in trunk, alarm system an option. Convertible top not latched, warning light too low in vehicle, too small.