2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
I wanted to love this car.
By gdeutschlander on 03/31/13 18:28 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW was a 1987 325e and it ran perfect for 280,000 miles other than normal maintenance. At 280k the coil burned out, I put a new one in and 2 weeks later and the same thing happened. I tried one more time and the same problem so I sold it DOA. I bought a 2004 BMW 330Xi with 59,000 miles on it. My car now has 99,000 miles on it and here are all of the items I replaced. Complete CCV cold weather kit, Crankcase Vent Valve, Oil Separator Hose, Breather Hose. Valve cover gasket, valve cover, power steering pump, spark plugs and coil pack, rear springs, cv joints, DISA, multiple alignments because of pulling, brakes, and now it has mustard color under the oil cap.

Looks Great, but looks can be deceiving.
By a587789 on 02/26/12 15:51 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 60k on it. At first it drove wonderfully. Then old age set in. After 25k miles, it started to break down. It seems like all the things in the engine that broke down, were plastic. Water pump, coolant reservoir, etc..... Not cheap to fix. Power steering pump went out quick and every mechanic, including BMW Mechanics, knew this was a major problem. $750 just to fix the pump. I decided it was time to part ways when I needed to make a 2k mile trip and I found out I had an oil leak, the window motor went out and the ac blower motor was going out. These are great cars if you're Bill Gates, but I'm not. So I bought a Charger.

Great vehicle, for any occasion...
By arod305 on 01/25/12 14:42 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ive had my 2004 330i ( M Package ) for about 2 years now . Its the best vehicle I've ever owned. It now has 96k miles on it and i still owe 4k but let me tell you its a great car, not to mention the handling of this car and the grip has saved me from 2 big accidents, I couldnt believe how good the handling is. So far Ive changed the gas pump, power steering pump, radiator, fan clutch on the engine, not very cheap, but today very happy with it. The exterior look is amazing and so far thank GOD the car has never been crashed and the interior Ive had to fix some stuff here and there but nothing major. Sometimes people ask me what year is your car, i love the way it looks , and mind you its a 2004 !! gREAT CAR, I would recommend it to anyone.

Most Reliable BMW, 2004, 325i
By mikeygg69 on 07/01/11 19:44 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 2004, BMW 325i is the most reliable and aggressive engine of the 3 series BMW line. I purchased the BMW in Heidelberg, Germany brand new in 2003 October. Since then, I have not really spent any money replacing or changing mechanical parts, except for the rotor, shocks, struts, and of course the occasional oil change. Driving this vehicle is a dream. At 100,000 miles, I just got the transmission and differential oil change. For $36K, it has been the best purchase of this magnitude, ever. The only bad thing about the 2004, BMW 325i is the interior is made very cheap. Stuff start to fall apart after a few years.

So far great car. 85k miles
By solarwind63 on 05/01/11 19:08 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I stoped in a local BMW dealer and they sold me on a 325xi it is the most comfortable car I looked at. The sport seats give alot of comfort and are big. For 11k less 1500 for my old car and 200.00 OTD a month I think I did pretty good, for an all wheel drive sports sedan. My first mpg was 29 mostly hwy city. 100 miles a day and see 25 to 28 mpg. This is a car I feel good in and got lots of compliments. 120 mph is like doing 75. I think this car will do 35 mpg all hwy. This car is far ahead of any new honda or toyota. So far I have 85k and will post back at 100 or 125k and will see how well it holds up. Hope I can get 5years of low cost driving. So far love the car. This is a real car tryIt

I like this car
By jraby on 02/07/11 16:04 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have really enjoyed driving this car.

Not recommended too crapy user interface not a luxury car at all!!!!!!!!!!!!
By prinze on 01/09/11 15:28 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had this car since 2004 engine for this car is pretty good, but has a lot of little problems came up from time to time...The alignment is one of the biggest i took it to the BMW dealer for three times and they still couldn't completely fix the problem. The computer told them it is aligned but when i on road it always tends to go left. The interior wood got a lot the cracks i guess from the hot and cold weather. This car has very bad control interface, the cruise control responds is very slow. when i press the accelerator it didn't accelerate until least least 5 seconds later, same goes for decelerate. BWM should known better than in a highway 5 second disaster!!!

04 330i with Performance Pkg
By czego82 on 01/06/11 08:16 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW that I owned and the best one by far. What makes this car different from others is the ZHP package or Hight Performance Pkg which give it different look and options. O owned it for over 4yrs and never had any major problems. I purchased it with 44k and now has around 80. Maintenance on it cost me around $1k per year including oil changes and Michelin high performance tires. Car came with HID headlights, leather, navi and all available options.

Don't buy this car
By felipea1 on 12/26/10 14:19 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Overall this is the worst vehicle EVER!! I keep fixing parts all the time, if I can summarize all the problems with BMW 325i I will need more space. Please stay away from BMW you will thank me later. Great engine but that's it; the quality of the cockpit is horrible, the engineers who design the cheap parts in the interior and exterior should be ashamed.

2004 bmw 325i
By andrew on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had the car about a year, and my wife hit a deer with it. The deer struck her on the driver side window, and its horn left a mark all the way up the window that I cant even buff out. However I feel that any other window would have busted and my wife would have had a deer in her lap.