2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
I know what they're missing!!!
By Iowa Architect on 05/21/08 16:37 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought a used '91 318i in New Mexico and fell in love with it. The faster you went the more that car would hunker down and handle the road. However, that car had zero traction in the winter. I moved to Iowa and needed a better all weather car. In comes the 325xi. Great traction, great handling, great ride, great looks,etc. Sometimes I find myself smiling just because I am behind the wheel. No mechanical or engine issues,however, I did have to change the front tie rods. I found a very reliable certified BMW mechanic and now I feel I am not being fleeced everytime I have service. I do take warrantee work to the dealership. I don't think other car drivers have any idea of what they're missing!

Fun and practical
By Adam on 04/11/08 17:37 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I moved from a Miata to this after the 2nd kid forced the need for a back seat. It's been a great car so far. Incredibly comfortable for interstate driving and commuting, but still fun enough to toss around without requiring insanely high speeds to enjoy it. Maintenance costs haven't been too bad when I've used shops other than the dealer.

Amazing Car!
By Christa on 03/08/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 330i for almost 4 years. I used to drive a Honda Accord and had several problems with it. I never looked twice at the BMW. The first time I drove it, I absolutely loved it! I wouldn't settle for the 325 - less horse power. I purchased the extended service warranty, which I think was a waste of money. I have the sports package and the front end had to be rebuilt at 62,000 miles. That was disappointing and expensive! It now has 72,000 miles on it. I am torn about what to do - keep it or get another car. I have also had to replace the driver's side window regulator, the tail light assembly, a valve cover gasket and hoses. Still love it - no other like it!

**Update** to "top of its mkt segment"
By cjclemson on 11/07/07 09:41 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an update to the review that I posted back on 19Nov02. Five years and 76K miles later, the car drives just as well as when I bought it. With that being said, it has had its share of electrical problems (replaced front driver's window motor, front passenger's window motor, and both rear tailight assemblies because of a melted wiring harness). The total of those repairs was around $1,000. Not too bad for 5yrs, but still unacceptable for two window motors to go bad within 5yrs. Overall great car that I plan to keep for hopefully many trouble-free years to come.

325xi great car
By BMWwagonowner on 09/17/07 03:12 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 2003 325 wagon handles beautifully under all conditions, and I give it high marks for exterior styling. The 2.5 liter might be a little underpowered for some with the added weight of the AWD system. I look at it as a positive - saving fuel for the driving I do most often.

Love this car
By Ferrari on 09/04/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car over a year ago and have had no major problems. I bought it Certified Pre-owned from a BMW dealer, paid a slight premium because of it, but well worth it. I can't stress enough how much I love this car. The handling is amazing, the beauty of the exterior is flashy and immediately recognized, and the interior is sleek and classy. Corner handling is great, and the sound of the 6 cylinder engine revving up is well worth the hype. The only downside is a few awkward features inside, such as the second cup holder. It is located right below the center armrest, and the center storage holds, at best, a wallet and pad of paper. Hardly reason enough not to love the car though.

I wish my commute was longer!!
By DaveH on 08/08/07 06:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you like a cushy, comfy ride to the grocery store or you want every wiz bang electronic gadget under sun, look to the Japanese automakers. If you want a driver's machine that'll demand you hit exit ramps at speeds other cars cruise at on the highway, this car is for you. The 330i is a driver's car. My wife says, "Why do you need to go that fast from stop light to stop light?" Jam the accelerator in 2nd at 3000 RPMs and you'll feel the answer. This car begs to be driven and it's way too tempting not to comply. Aside from flat out acceleration and gobs of torque, the 330i feels like it's on rails whilst careening around corners or exit ramps. Drive it and you'll see.

Terrific car
By Jeff on 06/24/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 21800 miles, 2 months later I have 27K on it. I love it. Minor issues (I bought it used some are expected), replaced 2 window regulators, and a turn signal and socket. This car is great fun to drive, and I'll definitely own another. Next car may be the new 1-series set to come out next year, or a 3-series lease. Decent power, great handling, great turning radius, and great fun to drive. I have the basic car, about as stripped as a BMW comes (my old Sonata had about the same equipment) but it is still quite nice.

Love my 330i
By Christa McMillan on 06/20/07 18:15 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my Honda Accord for a white BMW 330i sedan with the sports package. I also have the upgraded stereo with a 6 CD changer. I feel like I am driving a concert on wheels! I have loved driving this car from day one. I didn't know a thing about this car before I bought it which I have never done either. I did purchase the extended maintenance warranty.

Fun to drive; very difficult to fix
By Gregg on 06/19/07 15:21 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Let me say that I love my car when it is not in the shop. And that is not to say it has a lot of problems, it just takes 4-5 times to get each item fixed, and the dealer 4 out of 5 times breaks something else that takes 2 visits to get fixed. When my all window button and seat frame broke (I weigh 165 lbs) at 23K, I decided I've had enough. Great looking car and fun to drive, just a headache!! If you are planning on buying one, make sure you are close to a reputable dealer.