Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Best 30 Grand Sedan
By Bond on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car for the price.

By BMW330xi_@hotmail.com
By 686860001 on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Basically, I've had no problems what so ever with this vehicle. One thing, though, it's not made to drag race. If you want a drag racer BMW, get the M3. This care is made for pure driving pleasure. I love just taking the 330xi out on a Sunday afternoon on quiet, curvy, valley roads, and hearing the engine as it goes through the RPMs, and feeling the car respond. The handling is just plain AMAZING on this car. I took a corner that said "10 MPH" going 30 MPH, no problems, I dind't even peel out. The car just stayed glued to the road. Extremely fun car, and pretty quick too.

330 CI
By spaniel3. on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased this car from a dealer in Fl. and took delivery at the factory in North Carolina. It was a great experiance we reccomend to any one buying a new BMW. The car has meet or exceeded our expetations. The car has 6000 miles on it with NO problems. It is a fun car to drive. With the new 3.0 engine it has good power,the sports package gives a sports car feel to the handeling.Only drawback is unability to rotate tires. Fit and finish is very good,car is easy to keep clean except wheels due to brake dust.We would buy another one.

What a car!
By Absolut-ly Glorious on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I can only say that I am one satisfied customer. I previously owned a '95 325i, and though these two vehicles are light years apart in some ways, they both reflect the quality and driver enjoyment that is synonymous with BMW. I love my 2001 330i, and can honestly say that I look for "excuses" just to get it out of the garage and drive it. . . somewhere. . . anywhere. As for complaints, I really don't have any. Sure, the cupholders are the makings of a minimalist, and BMW's are the pricey selection in their respective categories. However, my father always told me, "You get what you pay for," and once again, good ol' Dad was right.

Unreliable, Buy Japanese
By mnfsto on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been in the shop for numerous problems. The most extensive was when the car was in the shop for two full weeks. Serious transmission problems(electrical), air bag problems. It doesn't run smooth but the dealer says there is nothing wrong. 6 months of research with reviews to back me up all wrong. CR did rate it correctly. Average reliability. Mine has been less than average. Buyers remorse.

unexplainable feeling, BMW!
By carlo on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you are picky about one or two repairs( which can happen to any manufacture ) this in not a car for you. But if the performance the handling or the safety such as 50/50 ratio is what matters, give it a try...

Nothing beats the Cote d'Azur in 330CiC!
By PokahPlayah on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing to drive. Overpowering engine with an easy cluch. I picked it up a year ago through european delivery, and it is worth the time to drive around the sourth of france if you can afford it. It's been very reliable over the alps and through normal rush hour commuting. I'd definitely recommend this over the 328 cabrios because of the real rear window and the trunk space which justify the markup. Note: Wind deflector is required and heated seats should have been standard.

WOW
By Birdman on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Test drove the Audi A6 and the Acura TL and there is nothing like the BMW 325. It drives like a dream because of its silky smooth transmission, fast acceleration, and great suspension. Once you drive this car not other will fell the same.

SuperWagon!
By Edgett on 03/16/02 13:56 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was basically looking for a Miata which could also carry bicycles, groceries, etc - the 325 wagon fits this bill perfectly. It is an incredible car to drive (does very well for itself on the track even) and a real pleasure to own. Unfortunately, I have gotten to know my dealer's service department a little more intimately than I had expected to, with a couple of computer problems and a dead rear wheel bearing. Still, there is nothing else like it on the market - it is only 2" longe than a Porsche 911 and carries a great deal.

325 xi winter driving
By pete n on 03/12/02 20:01 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought our new 02 325xi in november after selling our 92 325 w/210,00 miles. My wife drives 20,000 miles per year and loved her 92, except that it tended to slide around in the wisconsin winter. I used to drive the 325 then, and she took my jeep. Since getting the new 325, I hardly ever get to drive it. She loves how it handles in the snow, and ice. Likes it better than the jeep actually. Highly recommend the car.