2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2001 Xi Wagon
By ARP on 05/02/10 05:37 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just passed 245,000 miles and am still using the original clutch, AC compressor, starter, window motors, engine computers and most other parts. With proper maintenance it has been a great car. I average about $300 per month in maintenance but keep it in perfect condition which is far cheaper than buying another new car. At 150,000 the entire suspension was replaced, new brakes and tires. It was like a new car. Still uses no oil, changed every 10K.

My second 325xi wagon!
By Cessna67304 on 08/11/06 12:36 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second 325xi wagon. I love them. Versatile, fun, looks great. I'll drive them until they die.

AWD BMW Wagon is hard to beat
By MYBIRD67 on 01/16/06 18:21 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for a small SUV when I found this jewel. I was sold by the combination of the AWD and manual transmission. It handles like you would expect a BMW 3 series would, with the amazing bonus of all-weather traction plus 30 mpg highway. This car takes me and my ski-racing kids to ski areas all winter long and has not let us down. Once the vehicle went out of warranty I turned its service over to an independent BMW mechanic. So long as you stay current on recommended maintenance. Only issue has been a water pump failure requiring a tow - $380 later back on the road with no problems. The sport package is worth it for the bolstered seats. My favorite winter driver ever.

Wagon utility with sedan performance
By mybird67 on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I live in northern New England. I have two adolescent ski racers who go in different directions all winter long. My wife drives a Toyota Sienna as the family hauler. I needed a daily driver work commuter that could double for weekend jaunts to races in ME, NH and VT. This 325xiT suits me well. It gives me SUV utility without having to drive an SUV. It gives me handling and driving pleasure comparable to my 325iC but with AWD and extra storage space. From the outside it looks like a sporty wagon, from the inside it feels like a sports sedan.

Great car
By mgibson on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. The AWD is awesome, have spun all the wheels just once, in a high-speed accelleration 90' turn on wet pavement for about a second.