2016 Audi TT Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

My sixth TT and the best yet
By Tom in Boston

2016 Audi TT 2.0T quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

OK, so I am a TT fanatic. I've owned or leased 2 first generation, 3 second generation and now my third generation TT. This is the best yet in all respects: design, performance, miles-per-gallon, technology and fun. Even one of my relatives who is not a car person marveled at the car and was especially impressed with the safety features, including the blind spot warning feature. It's beautiful on the outside with just enough edge to keep it fresh but still maintains the overall sophistication and timeless design of the original. It hugs the road like no other, and I find myself accelerating into curves. The seats are exceptionally comfortable and adjustable. I'm not a race care driver, but I've certainly had no trouble getting this car up to 70-80 MPH in no time at all. I still love the automatic spoiler. But it's the technology that's the true star. The virtual cockpit is amazing. While it took my maybe half a day to get used to it (definitely worth reading the owner's manual), once I did, it became intuitive. You barely have to take your eyes off the road (just a simple glance down) and never have to take your hands off the wheel to manage any and all functions. While not necessary, I have opted for Audi Connect and find myself using it more than I thought I would. I especially like that I can have the system read my texts and emails to me out loud. I feel obligated to find something to criticize; the only thing I would request is to be able to adjust the lumbar support up and down more -- a wider range of vertical motion. Other than that, the car is perfect in my eyes.

Awesome Audi TT
By James Caryl

2016 Audi TT 2.0T quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is a technological show case! It is quick, responsive, comfortable and solid. Mine is the base model and still awesome. I will find out about the quattro all wheel drive this winter. With its' weight distribution it should be great. The body being aluminum is great for corrosion resistance and light weight strength.
This car allows you to adjust drive settings to your liking. It is better than I anticipated.

Audi TT Convertible May 2016 Is Good!
By Mr Veda

2016 Audi TT 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Nice upgrade from a new 2016 Mazda Miata but miss the manual gearbox. Dynamic and Sport mode are good but Auto and Comfort frustrating to drive. Engine is near silent although dynamic mode pipes a false exhaust sound through the radio speakers - blah! I just had a performance exhaust installed by Remus and you can hear the engine now but still not loud. MPG ranges from 13 to 17 mpg according to the dash readout. Maybe in comfort mode it would be better but that's like driving a Corolla. Fit and finish very good, looks great and tons of new tech. Much cheaper than a boxster. Excellent German engineering all round but lacking that excitement factor. Nothing else really compares at this price point.

No Regrets! Audi for life
By M. Murphy

2016 Audi TT 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Overall a really great car. I have driven the car about 1200 miles now over the last month. The only complaint I have is in normal drive (not sport mode), the car shifts too quickly causing lower rpm and sluggish performance at the low rpm, the engine almost starts knocking. Once you punch the accelerator, it downshifts quickly and performance is great. In sport mode, the car drives perfectly, shifting smoothly with incredible acceleration. In dynamic drive, the car handles like a race car, hugging corners with no body roll. Paddle shifts are easy to use, just need to get used to them since I am use to a normal manual transmission. Don't put anyone in the back seats, it is good for holding bags.