Used 2001 Audi TT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

2001 Audi TT Coupe

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Mixed bag... :(
By back_to_BMW

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Awesome car if you approach it as a nice looking sporty car! Far from a real sports car. My 16 year old M3 can run circles around it except in a straight line!!! Resale value makes me want to never get an Audi ever. My first and last Audi ever. Fun while it lasted, but I can't afford to buy a car at $40K and sell it at $16K every 3 years. Much better value as a used car!!!!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, hatchback, looks and performance

Suggested Improvements

Reduce turbolag. Engine falls flat on nose above 5000 rpm. Understeering pig of a car -although the ESP function works as long as you hold your course. ESP gets confused if you are trying to correct a 'situation' and so is the car.

Better all the time
By sansail

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It's been 3 years since I bought my TT and I am very pleased, overall. My green TT is dependable, comfortable, smooth, hip, fun and fast. It is still the best looking car on the road and the interior still delights. I put on 4 snows in the winter and she's a great all weather (snow) car. She's quick off the line and it'll cruise comfortably at 120 if I'm so inclined. It'll go 140 if you're crazy. Plus... kids love it and I have gotten accustomed to kids at red lights calling to me about my great car.

Favorite Features

Styling, rear-seat fold down storage, quattro, electronic stabilization, feel and look of interior materials, intelligent controls (auto window up), comfortable seats, high speed handling, quiet, image

Suggested Improvements

1) With TT plate covering radio, can't adjust volume... need volume controls on wheel, 2) Bigger sub-woofer on Bose stereo; 3) More power (the 225hp is just adequate, 4) A sunroof would be nice

Just Plain Fun
By TonyG

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Having owned many Amercian made muscle cars and sports cars, the ride, performance and styling of the Audi has made me in a convert to German made cars only!

Favorite Features

The styling of the vechicle is its strongest feature.

Suggested Improvements

The handling is a little loose, I would like a bit more predicability

Not what I expected
By jgmualumni

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car less than 1 year and I'm already selling it. In that time the Mass Air flow sensor malfunctioned, the instrument cluster died, the remote works when it wants, and the dealer stripped my oil drain plug and blamed it on my local mechanic. I won't be buying another Audi.

Suggested Improvements

The build quality is suspect. Thank god for the stereo. If I drove every day in silence, the rattles would drive me nuts!

Great Car
By smfatf

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun to drive, maintenance free, and great design. Only issue with vehicle was power at lower speeds. The new 250HP models fixes this.

Favorite Features

Comfortable to drive and great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more torque