2001 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Hot, stylish ride
By drandolph on 04/25/06 22:34 PM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've loved this car since the day I bought it. Cruising through winding mountain roads with the top down can be a thrill or a pleasure depending on the weight of my foot. And to get great gas mileage (30 mpg) is the icing on the cake. Fun, fun, fun.

TT Roadster
By TT Roadster on 03/25/06 08:13 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I went from a 1992 BMW 318I convertable to the Audi TT. My wife and I were in the market for a sport convertable and we fell in love with the ride, performance and just plain fun of driving this car. The car has been very reliable and trouble free. I will definitely buy another one when it's time to replace this car.

Love my TT
By jillysue on 03/03/06 13:33 PM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the most fun I have had driving, ever. I look forward to an hour commute back and forth to work when I can drive the Audi. The handling is exceptional. I never have a worry.

Looks Looks Looks !!!
By Genco on 01/19/06 17:14 PM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car about 6 months ago Certified Used and i LOVE it ! The best part is that you are driving a car that is great looking and very rare so people look at you and your car and they don't know what kind it is and admire. Superb handling, good performance (not an M3), do 100 mph and you won't notice it.

Major repair every 4 months
By stan on 11/01/05 23:29 PM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A very comfortable and fun car to drive, but the most unreliable car I've owned since the '48 Dodge pickup that I bought for $50 in 1973. A lot of the problems were with the turbo system, but also had both cooling fans, catalytic converter, wiring harness in door, instrument cluster, fuel sensors in tank all replaced before the car had 50,000 miles. I purchased this car new and it was never wrecked.

Fun car
By Red TT owner on 10/15/05 11:31 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a fun car to own and drive, it attracts attention where ever you drive it. The handling with the AWD is exciting on backroads.

Once you go German, you never go back...
By Matt on 10/05/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I think this story sums it up. I was recently getting lunch at a deli shortly after I washed and waxed my TT when I heard a gentleman behind me say to his friend, "Did you see that Audi out there, what a sweet car." It suffers from turbo lag, but once out of first, it's not noticeable. I live in Colorado, so the AWD is a nice feature for a roadster. It also has plenty of power over the mountain passes and is a constant head turner. A fantastic car!

Avoid Audis!
By insyte on 06/24/05 14:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I own a 2001 TT Roadster convertible. Nothing but problems: failed transaxle, water leaks and rattles, performance problems, failed instrument cluster -- all with less than 23,000 miles!! Audi has not been helpful in resolving out-of-warranty problems. For instance, discovered at 22,000 miles -- due to severely abnormal tire wear -- that rear axle was bent when installed at the factory. Audi insists that damage due to "external factors," but dealer admits it takes a serious impact to bend the axle -- which has never happened in my possession. Out of warranty -- Audi's "Customer Advocates" are powerless to help, even though they agree that it is improbable that I caused the damage.

TT Has Been a Super Car
By S Stangl on 04/14/05 11:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my TT since 2001, and still love to drive it. The styling still gets nods of approval from people in the street, the styling really is unique. Overall I have been happy with the car, it does have a few interior squeaks here and there, and some minor electrical issues occurred, but it's a very solid car.

Great car! 225 hp prob. better choice
By 01 roadster covt 1.8 on 04/09/05 12:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my Audi TT drives smooth, you only have to have maintenance every 10k miles There is one problem that upsets me about the car, it seems there is something loose on the driver side. When you hit let's say a pot hole or something or even just cruising it's like a creaking sound very annoying. Overall excellent car, it's a head turner, Especially with the top down, its quick and reliable. Oh I wish there was an in-dash cd (would make life a little easier.) Other than that LOVE IT!!!!