2002 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
High tech sedan
By High performance sed on 08/06/08 20:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I use mainly for highway. I replaced air filter with K&N and new irridium plugs. I now get 26 to 28 mpg depending on whether I go 80 or 60 mph. I have had no problems and this car is built by the same people that make Porsche so everything is high performance, even the brake fluid. Thus more maintainance. It costs to go fast. I recently test drove a Mercedes S430 and as soon as I got back in my A6 4.2 it was far superior in road feel and handling. This is a double overhead cam V8 with 5 valves per cylinder. Ferrari is the only other car company with this sofistication. So if you want a mundane sedan this is not for you. This car is a race bred sedan down to the low profile tires.

Go for it.
By ARun on 09/18/06 07:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a pre-owned A4/BMW325/MercC230/LexIS300. The A6 4.2 Quattro wowed me. I have never driven such a smooth car before. Excellent power and handling. The styling is great. Have owned it for a month and it runs great with 52K miles. I am still discovering the features. I have yet not been able to test the Tiptronic system. Still figuring out how to make the telematics and Sirius work. I read each of the reviews on this site and agree with all the positive comments about the car.

Audi A6
By Rayden003 on 05/12/05 21:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I have read some Bulletin Board comments regarding some reliability problems with the Audi A6. My experience has been completely opposite. It is the most reliable and well-built car I have owned. My last car was an Acura TL, also a very reliable car, but the Audi came out ahead on almost every detail. Bought it new in 2002 and after 42,000 miles have never had a single problem.

4.2 quattro..the way to go
By jshuchart on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Maybe favorite car ever...I've owned 'em all. Great excelleration...comfort, every option...just wonderful car

VERY Satisfied
By jsw on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I now have 9800 miles on my 2002 A6 4.2. It has performed flawlessly, and is as much fun to drive as the three Porsches I've owned (in 70's and mid 80's). It's fast; quiet; beautifully designed interior; interesting, German-type technical features (loaded with them!) and, in the mountains the Quattro is invaluable. I'm running Dunlop Winter Sport M2s for Winter (Tire Rack purchase; they stick like glue, in Boulder snowstorms and on ski trips, even on ice!) and the provided 185/40/17 Contis which were stock, and came with the car. Not a rattle in 10K miles. Dealer service impeccable. I'd buy another one..

My 2002 4.2
By John Hill on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Previously owned 2000 2.7 T. Crashed it into a tree and bought the 2002 4.2 new at the begi9nning of 2003. Smooth power, excellent handling. Interior first class. Tiptronic on steering wheel is nice little gimmick.MPG seems to be about 18.0, but wife driving mostly in town. In a word, the car is solid, solid, solid.

This is the only Bavarian
By GA on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Have 58,000 miles on my 2000 A6 4.2. Absoutely wonderful car. Wonderful interior, beautiful lines that still get looks. And gets the last word in most roadway encounters. Think so highly of this car that I bought the extended warranty at 45,000 miles. Thought about something different for a while: The problem is, after test driving the new E-500, the 5 and the new 7-series, I just dont know what all the fuss is about. Looks like I will be buying another A6.

rocket
By rob62 on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

ok its ten grand more then the 2.7 t but iam 6ft4 and i needed the extra inches. plus the a8 seats. and the v8 is near perfect, except for the poor misleading gas millage. i live in los angeles, home of the bmw and merc. there everywhere. i choose the audi because its hip without being pretentious and the craftmenship of the interior is flawless.

Beauty in Motion
By billus on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I stayed up nights deciding on this car, then waiting for it to come in. I've had it for just over a year now and still enjoy taking the long way home. I love it when it rains and I get to see what quattro can do. The interior is utterly gorgeous, integration between the Nav system, built-in phone and awesome stereo system is flawless. Oh, and don't let the weather get cool...performance goes to another level.