2001 Audi A6 Consumer Review: One Great Automobile!

2001 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

4.2 quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

One Great Automobile!
By Captain Daddy on

2001 Audi A6 4.2 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I didn't expect to love this car. After a 20 minute work out with a 540, I was still pumped when I got to the Audi dealer. I expected to confirm 540 supremacy - wrong! The A6 shocked me - beautiful & polished; solid feel from the door handle to the wheel; powerful, lusty V8; smooth & confident pedal response and a "one-ness" not found in the BMW. I knew the quattro would have an advantage in snow & ice, I didn't expect the significant difference on wet, gravel, sandy roads, or even uphill turning acceleration. The 540 is an awesome car on a clear dry day, but for an everyday sports sedan there is no comparison.

True sports car performance, every day manners, any day capability and room for friends. Oh, yes, the 4 year 50K worry free maintenance is nice, too.

ummm. . . more power, stiffer suspension, 1st gear down-shift capability --- my M5 dreams have been replaced by RS6 fantasies!