Used 2001 Audi A6 2.7T quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Fun but a PAIN
By bizbinski

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I've got drive a few cars such as a 2005 Caddy STS, a 2008 caddy CTS, a 2012 Buick LaCrosse, 2014 Caddy ATS, and a 2014 Caddy XTS. Honestly the Audi was the best and most fun car to drive. It handles better than all the rest and feels more like a GT car than a fat 4 door sedan. Although it's such a blast to drive the reliability is garbage. I had it for one month before it was having a misfire . After i got that fixed it ran good for a day now it won't stay running. Also the tubing inside is more brittle than glass. Also both cup holders have broke. I've already dropped about $1000 into it but im suspecting to be dropping more in the near future.

Very quick, comfy interior, Front and rear heated seats, automated rear sunshade.

More reliable engine, more practical cup holders and an improved engine bay.

Buy something else
By btheo

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I think my father summed up this car perfectly when he said this car is great... up until 80k miles. Yes, the car has exceptional awd power, fun in the winter along with luxury styling. However the designing of this car is terrible and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. When my 2.7t's alternator went out it took an entire day to replace. You have to take the front end off just to locate. It's ridiculous!!! the 2.7t is designed to have an extended stay at the mechanic. Over 100 sensors will cause the CEL to appear. In summary, this car is like someone else's pet; its fun to play with, it will make laugh at times but i rather not want to keep it.

Six speed AWD. Small Bi turbos allow for quick boost.

Enlarge the vehicle's engine bay.

Fun to drive, but expensive
By Eric

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car in '04 as a CPO'd car for my wife. Love the 2.7T engine, a blast of a car to drive. Comfortable ride. The downside, expensive to repair, seems every year that we've had it, and especially since the warranties ran out, we've had a $1,500 + repair bill for the year. Recently found that the trans needs work, hopefully this will be the last major item to repair for a long time. We bought the car with only 33,000 on it, we've put maybe 36,000 more miles in 6 yrs.

twin turbo V6, AWD

audi = garbage
By steve

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I knew I was taking a big chance when I purchased this Audi a6 quattro turbo with 109,000 miles given the car's reputation for poor reliability. However, I got it at a great price and was assured from the previous owner that it was well taken care of with all maintenance done as scheduled. With-in 3 weeks problems started, front struts started squeaking, took it to dealer to inspect, that will be $900.00 please. Then a few month's later a/c went out dealer says just $1200.00 please. Then recently all dash lights went out without warning. Dealer says just $800.00 please. Turbo is failing I was told and will have to be replaced within the next 6 month's. Dealer says just $2800.00 please. Never again!

when i finally trade it in will be my favorite feature.

improve the quality in these cars.

Absolute Tank!
By sjs

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought it back in June of 06' with 131,000 miles on it, it now has 171,000. It was purchased as an extra vehicle for my wife who has tried her hardest to kill it. She has been in three accidents one of them quite serious, we fixed it and it runs and drives great. I change the oil every 5,000 with synthetic of course. I do it myself to save money. It does have some of the leaky issues and the drivers side window is testy, but to its credit its almost 10 years old been put through the ringer by my wife's poor driving skills, and believe me, if you only knew. It is an awesome vehicle. Worth every penny. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Audi. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Bose stereo, all wheel drive, turbo power, HID's, still smooth running and after 10 years still looks contemporary.

Not much to improve. I think they have refined it quite well with the recent models. However the fuel economy could have been better, but again the newer models offer that and lets not forget its a turbo with all wheel drive. What would you expect?