Used 2010 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Disappointing
By ssmu

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife has been driving a TSX since 2004, its first model year. We've been quite happy with that car; it drives well, it's comfortable, and it's been quite reliable. So when I decided that I didn't want to spend any more money on my aging BMW 323i, I bought a 2010 TSX. Bad decision. Although the car is comfortable and fairly quick off the line, its steering is unforgivable. The electric power steering has a pretty good-sized dead zone at the center point, and it requires constant attention at highway speeds to keep the car pointed in a straight line. After a month I gave up and got rid of the thing. I now have an Acura TL with the works, which I absolutely love.

Acceleration off the line Seat comfort Fold-down rear seats heated seats Stereo Bluetooth and iPod integration Overall feature package is great; Acura keeps it very simple so that you don't get nickled and dimed for each and every option.

Steering feel (dealbreaker) Acceleration/pickup at speed; very sluggish when you want to go from 60 to 70.

Exceptional without question
By jazzwarrior

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just coming up to my first week of ownership of the TSX. This is my first foreign car as a owner. I worked at General Motors for more than 25 years and drove/owned/leased virtually every luxury/sports car the automaker made since 1981 - including Saab. Without question the TSX is a very fine automobile measurable to any luxury sports sedan on the market. When you compare the technology, creature comforts, the TSX is very price competitive. Mileage is close to 26MPG city; 30-31 mpg on the highway. Contrary to other reviews, the 4 cylinder engine is extremely powerful and accelerates quickly in highway traffic. Reminds me of the turbo charged Saab 9-5.

Bluetooth Audio, Stereo System, Heated Seats

Second TSX
By him1

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Already have a 2005 Six speed. Was looking for a second car with Automatic. Done the all possible research and test driving. Nothing beats this Acura- so got another one! Compared to 2005 model it is a different car in all respects (and better). Much better build quality, much more luxury and refinement all over. It is by no means underpowered or less sporty (some critics have said last gen was more sporty). This car also has much better road grip, cornering and braking. It will be difficult to find another car within $4-$5000 that matches the TSX - not even TL.

Bluetooth, memory seats

Would prefer the shifters on stick, rather than on steering. Could be a little less noisy on 50 mph or higher

Almost Great, but 4 is underpowered
By Tom L Glastonbury CT

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was down to this and the VW CC and made the wrong choice. It's a nice car, handles great, but it's underpowered with the 4 Cyl automatic especially when entering a freeway. Even in manual mode it's inadequate in the all important 40-60 range. If you are thinking of switching from a 6 cyl to the TSX 4, think twice. The TSX had better features for the price, but when you step on the gas at 40MPH and nothing much happens, features don't help. The 6 cyl was $3,000 more (too much). The VW has it where it counts, low end torque. Unfortunately, the VW came only with leatherette(Vinyl) and my wife hated the VW drving position. My guess is Acura will change to the turbo 4 from the RDX next year.

Handling, seats, paddle shifters, features for the price.

More Power (switch to turbo?) and 6 speed automatic.

Liked My First So Much I Bought Another
By RHagel

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the record, I just came off a 3 year lease on a 08 TSX w/6-speed manual. I loved it, but I was tired of driving a stick. So I bought another, this time an automatic. This car is better in almost every way than the original. Better seats, MUCH better base stereo, better handling, more room, better build qulaity and overall more fun to drive. For those of you who are skeptical about the performance, don't be, there is enough there. Not to mention the automatic shifts quickly and is pretty sporty. This is coming from a self proclaimed auto enthusiast. The bottom line is that you will not find a better value for your money ANYWHERE, especially if you are looking to lease. Two thumbs Up!

Handling, great base stereo, comfortable seats, reliable, loaded w/standard features, paddle shifters compliment the aggressively programmed transmission, great base stereo (don't buy the tech package just for the stereo, if you want more, invest in an aftermarket system)

5 speeds, really? A six speed transmission (dual clutch would be awesome) and direct injection would make this an awesome car, even if it did add to the base price. Better performance and gas mileage, how can you go wrong? Get rid of the grill, I still can't get over how ugly it is!