2005 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Bad Milano Red Paint, Acura Reluctant to Fix
By doug_g on 11/06/13 17:20 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car drives great but Acura does not want to stand behind its very poor quality paint. Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A RED ONE!!! Unless of course you like pink cars. The assistance they offered for a repaint job only covered 1/4 of the cost. Don't forget that it take premium fuel too. Costs much more than a Honda to own.

TSX
By bubba on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have over 170,000. A few problems, power locks, rear suspension (tow out), but for the miles and fuel mileage a fantastic auto. Navigation is outstanding, interior is of best quality. May buy anothr but only after 300,000 on this one.

Very good car
By sam on 07/19/10 22:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Hi! everyone I just like to tell you guys that this car that I have TXS is one of the best cars that I ever have I take I trip from Maryland to Mexico back and for and the car it was excellent I wish I had this car before and just change oil and gas and I have no problem I know guys to repair this car it cost a lot of money but it worth every penny that you spend.

Good Value
By mplssetter on 07/01/10 14:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 68K miles on it for a very good price. I love it so far. I had a Jetta before and the TSX is much more powerful and rides very smooth. I have owned it for 6 months and the only issue so far is with the door locks failing to work with the remote. I see that has been a problem in other reviews as well. I hope it's not expensive to fix. I plan on keeping this car for another few years.

quality, value, fun
By dr on 06/09/10 19:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have put 84,000 mi. on it and it is tight and rattle free. Still love the 6 spd manual. Everything functions as it should. I rent more expensive cars and miss the quality of the TSX. Premium gas is only real downside.

After 4 yrs & 72k miles, still perfect!
By Ralph on 08/16/09 07:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I bought this car used in 2007 with 32k miles. This is the best car we have ever purchased. Interior is very comfortable. Exterior is very stylish. We have the 6-speed manual and this car gets 26city/34hwy mpg consistently. I commute 45 miles to and from work everyday. This car is very quiet and handles great on the road, rain or shine. I just replaced the original tires at 65k miles. The H.I.D. headlights make it very easy to see at night (they light up the entire road!). The one issue that I had with the car was having to replace the passenger door lock actuator at 44K miles. Other than that, flawless.

05 Acura TSX
By gw on 04/20/09 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Gives outstanding gas mileage (30+ highway). Major problem with rear camber. (had kit installed) and door lock actuators. Otherwise fit and finish as well as performance had been what I expected. Wish Acura would put a four in the TL (more room). Would recommend for an average size or below average sized person.

71K and going strong!
By Convert on 10/16/08 04:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Love the car, surprising acceleration for a 4 cylinder sedan. I have the manual six speed and normally get 30 - 31 mpg. It is a tight steering, solid built car that handles like a sports car. Overall design is well thought out and useful. Down side? I missed a rear window washer wiper, and view to the rear is in need of improvement, with perhaps different mirror size or design. Only problem I have had so far is the keyless entry system bowed out in partial failure. Lock/unlock doors has ceased to work without using the key.

Very Good Buy
By scampbell on 08/26/08 18:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car about 3 years ago and it's been a great car so far. No issues at all. Gas mileage has been much better than advertised and I'm getting about 26/34 consistently. I looked at a bunch of cars before selecting this one and I can't imagine getting a better value anywhere else. The price of the car was very reasonable considering all the features you get. I will definitely consider buying another Acura when I decide to upgrade in a couple years.

TSX premiem
By Mir on 07/28/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

VSA light came on 3 times or more, car would not go into reverse at times, CD player is weak and sensitive had that replaced as well very disappointed in car could use a lot more horsepower, kills on gas could be better, horrible for 4 cylinder feels like, you're driving a v6 with the gas mileage.