2000 Acura TL Consumer Review: Sorry I bought it

2000 Acura TL - Consumer Review

3.2 Sedan (3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Sorry I bought it
By FoSho69 on

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is the 2nd Tl I've owned in the past 3 years. My first one had the navigation system. The car ran pretty good, except for the navigation performance. It wouldn't hold the GPS position if it's life depended on it, although it was very user friendly. I currently have a 2000 TL and I dread the day I bought it. First off, The transmission. It was sticking, then gave out altogether, stranding me along the road. I've taken it to acura numerous times for service and I get the run-around. I was furious when it finally broke. It also has the worse cup holders. Also, playing burnt CD's from home is impossible. When I get another car very soon, I will buy another Lexus.

Xenon headlamps, performance, 160mph speedometer, styling, gas mileage (I average about 21 mpg city.)

Transmission, transmission, transmission. Did I mention transmission? Also, fix the cup holders. taking average bends at more then 15mph results in a coffee-covered right thigh. I would also like to see an improvement in Acura's service department. If you see a problem, just fix it.