2021 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

$49,000

Save as much as $6,053
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Amazing car!

Kim Lopdrup, 01/14/2021
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I am blown away with my new Volvo XC90. Even the base model is beautiful and comes with every conceivable safety feature. This model used to have a stiff, jittery ride but they changed the design a couple of years ago and the ride is now as good as Mercedes. Overall comfort is better than Mercedes. Responsiveness is much better than I expected. For what you get, this car is a spectacular value.

Animated sculpture

Theodore Taylor , 12/26/2020
T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Beautiful inside and out, fast, extremely comfortable and functional. The Swedes don't follow the juvenile play book of the Germans with exhaust that farts & pops under hard acceleration. No glow in the dark logo on a ridiculously over sized grill or with in dash distracting screens everywhere. Yet Volvo has the on board tech the Japanese haven't managed to integrate in their designs. Flawless build quality. If I sound like I'm sold on the brand you're right. My second Volvo in three years after leasing six Audi. Will never go back.

My first Volvo....

J. Solano, 02/15/2021
T6 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Took delivery of a 2021 T6 AWD momentum on 2/13/21. My current SUV lease ends tomorrow (2017 Infiniti QX60). A 3 row SUV is necessity for me not a want because of my 3 kids. I’ve always been a Honda, Nissan, Infiniti guy. I’ve been bored of the qx60 for the last 15 months. Comparing to what others offer and the capabilities I felt like in another decade. CVT bored me and started to hate it. Infotainment never improved and even on the 2020 model still no Apple car play. I know the 2022 model that launches end of 2021 looks nice and no cvt but I needed to get another SUV lease no later than March 2021. I have been shopping around but due to pandemic and SUV segment being so hot right now dealers where trying to sale SUV’s that were in the production line or on the way to the dealers. Because of supply and demand was left with little room to haggle with dealers as regardless they are selling them. Mind you I have tier 1 credit. Looked at telluride/palisade/2022 MDX/Honda pilot/aviator. All either very limited or high priced lease payment. Many of these required packages in order for me to get what I wanted on my next SUV. Miami is a very tough car market. So those in Miami know this by now. The xc90 was always in the back of my mind. Upon going to Bomnin Volvo Dadeland (I went because of their 5 star google rating) I test drove a t5 and T6. Defiantly wanted the T6. Worked out a good lease. Little out of pocket. Did order one on the spot and took 2 weeks to get to dealer. Originally a white metallic with black interior with base sound system. Upon joining here and reading here how bad that system was I didn’t want to regret it. So I asked my sales guy if I can listen to both (base vs HK) I was immediately sold on the HK. My wife even said said yeah HK it is. The base....”no thanx” So they had a black metallic with black interior with HK on it. Protection package etc. I was able to swap to that one mind you my 2nd color choice was black. We managed to negotiate $17 dollars more per month because of the HK and extra package. Done deal. Let me tell you I love this car. Never thought I would get a Volvo. Love the technology on it. Infotainment. Digital dash. Apple car play. Love the safety standard features. Drives so smooth. In my opinion the engine power is plentiful. The sound system oh the HK sound system is awesome. Being an Nissan Infiniti guy I was always a fan of their Bose systems. QX60 had that with 13 speakers but this sounds better. I love how with Volvo I managed to get AWD/super/turbo charged/20” rims/panoramic sunroof/amazing safety features/Apple car play/ upgraded sound system/better infotainment/great looks. I believe Volvo being a luxury brand I’m getting my money’s worth. Glad my SUV shopping is over. Glad I took this one home.

Ad
Build Your XC90
At a Glance:
  • 7 Colors
  • 8 Trims
  • $49,000starting MSRP

All the bells and whistles and more!

MP, 11/22/2020
T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD w/6 Passenger Seating (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

I can’t imagine what more I could have on this car. The drive is solid amd doesn’t feel light. The amenities are superb.

Great Car

The Shah, 01/08/2021
Recharge Plug-In Hybrid T8 Inscription Expression 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger gas/electric hybrid 8A)

All in all amazing ride, however I still haven’t been able to adjust to the lumbar settings, none of them appear to work for me, and I so wish that Volvo provided power operated middle row seats to make getting in and out of the 3rd row a breeze.