Skip to main content

Used C70 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
4.25 out of 5 stars

Fun Pleasureable and reliable

fordmustang_27, 02/19/2012
T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car used in march 2011. It came with 19,000 miles that woman put on before me. She traded it in and bought a new one. I compared this to the camaro, bmw and infiniti convertibles. These cars could not compete with the value and the feel of this car. The hard top convertible is amazing to watch go up and down. It has surprisingly good power with its 230 hp with its 2.5 liter turbo 5 cylinder. Still gets good gas mileage. I average 22 city and 28 highway driving slow like i normaly do. But I want to pass someone its very easy. Im at 30k miles and had no problems. Very reliable. Only thing its expensive to maintain. Around 200-600 dollars every time i bring it in.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Liked it so much, I bought another!

4mercoachrick, 10/10/2011
T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We enjoyed our '08 C70 so much, we just purchased the slightly updated 2011 model. We kept the '08 for 3 1/2 years and just under 30K miles. It was never in the shop for anything other than scheduled maintenance and one warped brake rotor. The key-fob seat memory was a little balky...more of a nuisance than anything. Our avg mpg was 23ish for the total period, highway mileage was closer to 30 when we were trying to 'watch' it. After owning the '04 ragtop version of the C70, the '08 was superior in almost every way. Very solid with the top up or down...no problems with the top or its operation. The FWD can get a little 'slippy' if the driver sends too much power on slick roads, FYI.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Volvo 4 Life in Atlanta

Stephen, Atlanta, 01/03/2009
T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I always wanted a convertible but steered clear of soft tops - loved the old C70 but only would have purchased a hard top. When I saw online Volvo building a new hardtop convertible I had to have it (though I also steer clear of new models their first year or two due to the manufacturer working out the bugs). Having had two BMWs prior I struggled with not getting another one but am thrilled with my decision. This car even got a round of applause at a local eatery when I put the top down for the drive home. I also own an XC90 SUV - both cars are white so a neighbor asked me if I work for Volvo now. I would highly recommend a Volvo!!

3.75 out of 5 stars

Nice features but awkward interior

djfunkywill, 03/13/2015
T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I replaced my Toyota Solara convertible with this Volvo C70. Despite similar horsepower, the Volvo seems to have quite a bit less pep. I bought this car because it is nice looking and Volvo's reputation for safety and longevity. Now that I've settled into the car, I've noticed that the interior is much smaller than my previous car. I'm an average size male and I've got my seat quite far back. Even this seat setting, I notice that my knuckles bump my leg when I make a turn. I couldn't imagine transporting anyone other than a child in the rear. It seems cramped on the inside but I hope to get used to it.

5 out of 5 stars

You can't believe how great this car is!

Michelle, 04/06/2008
T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This was the first vehicle I test drove when I started car shopping - after no less than 10 vehicles later I returned to buy this awesome car! A practical indulgence - a hardtop sedan when the weather is bad and a convertible when the sun is out. Mine is all but totally loaded with the exception of a navigation system & ultra-prem leather which seems nearly impossible to find - I couldn't be more thrilled. With 2 hours in daily commute time, the ride is luxurious and fun to the point I don't want to leave the vehicle. All I can say is that if you see one on a Volvo lot snap it up ASAP - you won't regret it! Safety, style and fun all rolled up into one great vehicle.

12345...8